Trendnet TEW655BR3G/A HW: v 1.09R

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
cw57
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 18:28    Post subject: Trendnet TEW655BR3G/A HW: v 1.09R Reply with quote
Here's the situation:
I have a Samsung SCH-LC11 MiFi that will only accept 5 connections.
I would like to use my Trendnet TEW655BR3G to connect more computers. Since the MiFi has no Ethernet port, this will have to be done wirelessly.

Router Detection:
FCC ID: XU8TEW655BR3G
CPU: Ralink RT3050F
Flash: EON EN29LV320A 32MB
SDRAM: EtronTech EM63A165TS 16MB

I have attached internal pictures, along with the Product Label.

I also have Datasheets for the CPU, Flash, and SDRAM, and can upload them, if needed.

Additional info:
My research shows that this is the same router as:
Zoom 4506 3G
Zalip/Aluratek/AMIT CDM530AM
Those routers have FCC ID PBLCDM530AM, and the pictures on FCC.GOV are virtually identical with the TEW-655BR3G.

Trendnet has available GPL Source codes for the router, which I have downloaded, but have no idea what to do with them. The link for those source codes is:
http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/list_gpl.asp
I have been unable to find any information on how to use the source code.

There is a post regarding the Zoom 4506 3G router from April 2010, but there are no responses. I, like he, do not need the 3G functionality of the router.

I actually downloaded a file from ftp://ftp.trendwiki.ru/Firmware/TEW-655BR3G labeled TEW_655W3G_beta_for_bridge.zip, which contained a bin file of the same name, but I cannot find any explanation of it so I do not want to try it.

Can anyone offer a possible solution?

Laus Deo!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: