ASUS N16- LAN+WAN ISSUE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Vi7AL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 14:19    Post subject: ASUS N16- LAN+WAN ISSUE Reply with quote
Ok I noticed an issue, and I cant seem to find reason for it (possibly cause of lack of knowledge).

I am using my home computer, its directly connected to the RT N16.
I am transferring a file through FlashFxp to a game console (which is connected Wireless to the RT N16), while transferring all internet access is dead. My wifes phone, my moms computer (BOTH WIRELESS), even my computer(DIRECTLY CONNECTED) Im transferring with does not have internet connectivity while FlashFxp has an active transfer. This issue is also present whenever I am transferring anything over the network (Windows Media Center, etc).

I have used DDWRT, TOMATO, RETAIL firmware.. the issue is the same across the board.

I have run a TOP while using Windows Media Center, here is a screen shot of that it said http://postimage.org/image/pdecsu6c/

During that time the internet was EXTREMELY slow and cutting out often, but yet the resources seem fine?

If you need more info just tell me how to get it and Ill get it for you.

Please help me with this issue! I have read many reviews (USER AND CRITIC) and they all say this router is badass- Why am I having this issue??

Ive talked to another person with the router, he seemed to experience it also?

To test just Transfer a file over LAN with FTP, then try and do a speedtest while the FTP is doing its transfer.

Ugh.
Sponsor
kage_
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was having some strange things happen after I got my N16 setup. I ended up doing a 30-30-30 reset, look in the wiki for the procedure, and then setup the router again. After that it cleared almost all of the issues I was having. The only thing I have now is randomly, once every two or three months, the router will reset it self back to defaults. I just upload the backup and it's back in business, but it's strange and a little annoying. I have a 2nd one running for our customers. It had some issues with the wireless dropping out, but since I've enabled Bluetooth coexistence that has seemed to fix that issue.

Edit: Scratch that about the wireless, the router just reset itself back to defaults. Sad

Vi7AL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 0:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried Bluetooth coexistence, same issue. I tried many options ON and OFF... never have quite narrowed it down? Any Ideas on ones to check just please tell me, this is becoming EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING! OMG!

Starting to think this n16 sux nuttz..
Vi7AL
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
oh and yeah 30-30-30 reset (WPS button on this router) doesnt help in anyway.
kage_
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's possible you have a defective box. Try contacting ASUS support and see what they can do. Other threads where ppl were having strange issues like yours they ended up replacing there box.

Kage_

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: