Asus RT-N13U B1 mod (r19519)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
naren8642 wrote:

If I unplug the drive and plug it back in it works. Reading some other threads they mention fixes involving scripts. Are those relevant here with USB / filesystem support built into the firmware?

It seems that the hotplug usb service is not being invoked during system startup. I am using following startup script to overcome with this issue:
Code:

#!/bin/sh

sleep 5

PART=/dev/discs/disc0/part1

[ -b $PART ] || exit             # check if device exists
[ -d /opt/bin ] && exit          # check if device mounted

mount $PART /opt

sleep 2

/opt/etc/usb.startup             # launch the startup script

Copy and Paste this script to Administration/Commands/Command Shell and save as startup script. To enable swap, you should think of using init scripts as shown bellow:

Code:

#!/bin/sh
# S00disk.startup

# enable swap
/opt/bin/busybox swapon /dev/discs/disc0/part3

# mount to /mnt the second partition

# for ext3 fs
mount -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part2 /mnt

# for ntfs fs
#ntfs-3g -o rw /dev/discs/disc0/part2 /mnt

sleep 5

and a stop script:

Code:

#!/bin/sh
# K99disk.stop

# disable swap
/opt/bin/busybox swapoff /dev/discs/disc0/part3

sleep 5

I hope you understand how to use these scripts!

Enjoy!

Last edited by amitg0123 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 15:57; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
naren8642
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks! That did it. The drive doesn't show up in the Services >> USB tab, but I can access it from the terminal.

Now to get Asterisk working Smile
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
A new version (v4) has been published with patched dropbear server to use /opt/libexec/sftp-server.

For me, now it's feature complete so won't publish new releases unless I discover any issue. Of course, I would provide new images if next official release won't include these feature! Smile

Regards
Redefined
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you very much.

Seeing as you are the only one doing something on this build... any advice/fix for ddns? I have dynamic IP and can't use ftp, etc. because of this...
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Redefined wrote:
Thank you very much.

Seeing as you are the only one doing something on this build... any advice/fix for ddns? I have dynamic IP and can't use ftp, etc. because of this...

It looks like a known issue in r17201 build. As this is just a mod of that build, it inherits all those issues.

Unfortunately, I am not using ddns so can't test at the moment but let me know if there is any workaround. I will try if I found some free time during this weekends.
rontron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excuse my noobness but I can't seem to get this build to mount my external hard drive. I have 2 partitions, 1 is 100gb (which I want to use for downloading torrents to) and the other partition is just what I save all my files to.

I also tried a FAT32 and NTFS flash drive which also didn't mount.

I just installed DD-WRT and don't know where to go from here. I basically want it to detect my external and then I want to download torrents to it.

Any help would be much appreciated

Code:

--- /dev/discs/disc0/disc
Block device, size 280.8 GiB (301469794304 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 243.5 GiB (261455872000 bytes, 510656000 sectors from 256)
Type 0x07 (HPFS/NTFS)
First 896 KiB are blank
Partition 2: 12.50 GiB (13421772800 bytes, 26214400 sectors from 510656256, bootable)
Type 0x07 (HPFS/NTFS)
Blank disk/medium
Status: Not mounted - Unsupported file system or disk not formated
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
rontron wrote:

NTFS support in not built into kernel so it won't mount automatically. You are required to install ntfs-3g using optware and should create a startup script to mount the NTFS partitions. Please go through the wiki for more information.

I have tested all the mentioned file systems (including NTFS using ntfs-3g) and there are also reports from other users that it works perfectly.

Are you sure that you have flashed your router with this custom firmware build and not the official release?
rohansftw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just 2 questions .. 1. Does the new v4 mod require any sort of mounting script ?
2. Do i need to reinstall optware for this . As i have 60+ torrents seeding and around 160Gb of data ... so setting it up again and hashing the torrents is a mammoth task atm .
Thanks
rontron
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
amitg0123 wrote:
rontron wrote:

NTFS support in not built into kernel so it won't mount automatically. You are required to install ntfs-3g using optware and should create a startup script to mount the NTFS partitions. Please go through the wiki for more information.

I have tested all the mentioned file systems (including NTFS using ntfs-3g) and there are also reports from other users that it works perfectly.

Are you sure that you have flashed your router with this custom firmware build and not the official release?

Thanks for the reply. I understand I have to ntfs-3g using optware but can't seem to get it installed. The wiki is a little confusing. I managed to install a ext3 partition of 1 mb and the rest unformatted which mounted fine to the router.

Now I am confused what to do after this. Using the wiki under Installing Optware Light. I logged into telnet but can't seem to install it.

amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
rohansftw wrote:
1. Does the new v4 mod require any sort of mounting script ?

If you reboot your router, the disks won't mount automatically.
rohansftw wrote:

2. Do i need to reinstall optware for this . As i have 60+ torrents seeding and around 160Gb of data ... so setting it up again and hashing the torrents is a mammoth task atm .
Thanks

No you don't have to reinstall.

BTW, v4 has only single change. The dropbear has been patched to use /opt/libexec/sftp-server. If you want sftp then just install openssh-sftp-server package from optware.

Enjoy!

Last edited by amitg0123 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:55; edited 1 time in total
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
rontron wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I understand I have to ntfs-3g using optware but can't seem to get it installed. The wiki is a little confusing. I managed to install a ext3 partition of 1 mb and the rest unformatted which mounted fine to the router.

Now I am confused what to do after this. Using the wiki under Installing Optware Light. I logged into telnet but can't seem to install it.

I suggest you to prepare your disk with at least three partitions. First as ext2 or ext3 with enough space to install optware on it (mine is 500MB). Next one using your preferred file system for storing data (I am a Linux user, so always using ext3), and third one for swap (100-500MB).

Go through the official wiki page for this router. Also check this very informative article. You don't have to follow every steps but just understand how to do that.

Regards
rohansftw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
amitg0123 wrote:
rohansftw wrote:
1. Does the new v4 mod require any sort of mounting script ?

If you reboot your router, the disks won't mount automatically.
rohansftw wrote:

Thanks

No you don't have to reinstall.

BTW, v4 has only single change. The dropbear has been patched to use /opt/libexec/sftp-server. If you want sftp then just install openssh-sftp-server package from optware.

Enjoy!

Thank you Smile will upgrade tonight Smile bought this router for DD-WRT only and now am very happy with the support am getting on it Smile .
ralph_irving
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 15:40    Post subject: Working static inadyn binary for RT-N13U B1 Reply with quote
Redefined wrote:
Thank you very much.

I've compiled a static version of inadyn from r17625. I added an s to the end of the binary name so making changes in the DDNS tab doesn't kill my binary when it tries to restart the broken inadyn. You can copy it to /opt/sbin if your running optware or on put it on a cifs share

The nvram size has been hard coded to 64K.

I configured DDNS using the Web gui and then start inadyns in the startup script pointing it to the config file in /tmp/ddns.

Code:
/opt/sbin/inadyns --input_file /tmp/ddns/inadyn.conf
Redefined
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:13    Post subject: Re: Working static inadyn binary for RT-N13U B1 Reply with quote
ralph_irving wrote:

I've compiled a static version of inadyn from r17625. I added an s to the end of the binary name so making changes in the DDNS tab doesn't kill my binary when it tries to restart the broken inadyn. You can copy it to /opt/sbin if your running optware or on put it on a cifs share

The nvram size has been hard coded to 64K.

I configured DDNS using the Web gui and then start inadyns in the startup script pointing it to the config file in /tmp/ddns.

Code:
/opt/sbin/inadyns --input_file /tmp/ddns/inadyn.conf

Thank you! I copied it into opt. I never thought i'd spend more time tweaking than actually using. Smile

I suck at linux... don't understand one thing, so it's pretty hard for me...

Technology started to not make it easier and faster, instead wastes more time...
zhadoom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
@amitg0123

Are possible to assemble a V5 firmware including inadyn-static ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: