Asus RT-N13U B1 mod (r19519)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
zhadoom wrote:
@amitg0123

Are possible to assemble a V5 firmware including inadyn-static ?

Sorry, I can't test as I don't use dynamic dns. However, will try if found some free time during this weekends.
Sponsor
zhadoom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
amitg0123 wrote:
zhadoom wrote:
@amitg0123

Are possible to assemble a V5 firmware including inadyn-static ?

Sorry, I can't test as I don't use dynamic dns. However, will try if found some free time during this weekends.

Thanks.
guiness
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got this up and running tonight, and it's looking good, thank you very much!

I struggled with the stock fw for a couple of weeks until I had time to switch. It was bad, it seems to slow down the WAN port a lot. It would go down to about 1Mbps with regularity.

Took two tries to get this to take, I'm not sure why. It said it was successful the first time, but a few things didn't work. I re-loaded, and everything was fine.

Everything seems to be working but Samba.
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
guiness wrote:

Have you (or anyone else) gotten Samba running? I'm wanting to use this router to server up a few HD's on my local network. I'd initially tried the dd-wrt FW from another thread (without file systems built in) but I could never get the hard disk to mount. I'm hoping this version of the FW will fix that.

Also, noob question, but the file in the first post of this thread is the latest build?

Thanks!~Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use ddwrt-n13ub1-mod-v4.trx
it work is fine
swapon is work

thank U very much !!
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sauva wrote:
guiness wrote:

Have you (or anyone else) gotten Samba running? I'm wanting to use this router to server up a few HD's on my local network. I'd initially tried the dd-wrt FW from another thread (without file systems built in) but I could never get the hard disk to mount. I'm hoping this version of the FW will fix that.

Also, noob question, but the file in the first post of this thread is the latest build?

Thanks!~Sauva

Samba is working fine. Just enable Samba from Services/NAS with proper options.
joaocaparroz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:14    Post subject: DLNA Servers Reply with quote
Are DLNA servers (like Twonky) working?
guiness
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
I should have followed up - the post above was immediately after installation.

Samba works, I can access the modem's share via Windows networking, and mapping a network drive. What doesn't seem to be working is network discovery. I can not browse to the router.

DDNS isn't working, but I see where that was mentioned earlier as a problem with the trunk.

One feature I would like is to use a usb connected drive as an ftp site, WAN accessible. I have been able to get that working, but not have it come up automatically after a power down.

The script you posted earlier auto-mounts the drive, but I can not get port 21 to open. From the ProFTPd tutorial, I know the line I need is:
Code:
iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 21 -j logaccept

If I enter that as a command and run it, it works, but I can not seem to get it to run as part of the startup script you posted.

Maybe I should post that in the main forum, it's probably a more general question, not related to this build.

Thanks!
Redefined
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
guiness wrote:
I should have followed up - the post above was immediately after installation.

Samba works, I can access the modem's share via Windows networking, and mapping a network drive. What doesn't seem to be working is network discovery. I can not browse to the router.

DDNS isn't working, but I see where that was mentioned earlier as a problem with the trunk.

One feature I would like is to use a usb connected drive as an ftp site, WAN accessible. I have been able to get that working, but not have it come up automatically after a power down.

The script you posted earlier auto-mounts the drive, but I can not get port 21 to open. From the ProFTPd tutorial, I know the line I need is:
Code:
iptables -I INPUT 1 -p tcp --dport 21 -j logaccept

If I enter that as a command and run it, it works, but I can not seem to get it to run as part of the startup script you posted.

Maybe I should post that in the main forum, it's probably a more general question, not related to this build.

Thanks!

Why not add it to firewall?
guiness
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Because I didn't know enough to put it there?

Thanks, works perfectly.
Redefined
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
guiness wrote:
Because I didn't know enough to put it there?

Thanks, works perfectly.

I thought that wasn't working either... Smile
guiness
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Redefined wrote:

I thought that wasn't working either... Smile

Am I missing something? Is the firewall section not supposed to be working?

I put the iptables line in the firewall, performed a cold boot, and the port was still open. Removed the line, another cold boot and the port is closed. That's good enough for the girls I date!
gendouhydeist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible on this router to use dual wan mode?? I want to try load balancing on this router thx!
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 18:28    Post subject: Slow connection with this build Reply with quote
So I just flashed my revB1 router with this v4 of this firmware, connected it to my motorola surfboard and via ethernet tried to go do a speedtest (speakeasy.net/speedtest :: atl server) and WOA it's slow!!

Last Result:
Download Speed: 386 kbps (48.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 906 kbps (113.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Restart both router and modem, similar results. With the default Asus firmware I was getting close to my theoretical 30up/1down mbs. Plugging my computer directly into the surfboard gives me this

Last Result:
Download Speed: 29906 kbps (3738.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 1061 kbps (132.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

again, close to what I pay for. I haven't adjusted any setting on the dd-wrt firmware, and a thorough looking-over didn't reveal anything drastically wrong. What's the deal? How do I fix this? Thanks!!
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 19:08    Post subject: SMB Help Reply with quote
Ok, more problems!

It appears I also need help getting SMB up and running. I enabled the following 4 things under USB:
Core USB SupportEnable
USB Printer SupportEnable
USB Storage SupportEnable
Automatic Drive Mount on /mnt
plugged in a Fat32 thumb drive and it mounted. Flipped over to NAS and Enabled Samba. I put in a name for Server and Workgroup (same name). Gave the share a name (same as the name of the drive), made it public, added a user with password and gave that user access to Test (the name of the share-drive on /mnt)

Popped over to the finder and did what I normally do to access samba servers, connect to server smb://servername, mashed enter.... and nothing! Eventually the action times out. I tried restarting but no luck. What setting am I missing to get get smb to work.

p.s. Can't figure out how to get a printer to show up either, but that's probably worth another post.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22, 23, 24  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: