Asus RT-N13U B1 mod (r19519)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
shanusmarty
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:06    Post subject: server(dlna) Reply with quote
Is there any way that we can create any server
(dlna) so that i can see the media files on my tv
connected to local lan?
P.s. when ever i create a media server on my pc.. it show s on my t.v.
Sponsor
effduca
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 14:30    Post subject: 802.11N Failure Reply with quote
Anyone had troubles in N band after upgrading to 19519 ?
My router now only works if I set it to "Mixed" or "G/N" or Only G...
When I set it (like before) with option "N Only", no ones can connect.
I already delete and recreate configs in computer, cell phones, notebook, and even in the router, but no sucess.
Some hints will be appreciated Smile
rohansftw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
bodh33 wrote:
Load r20119 and now it is working again. dd-wrt web interface can be access. I apply the 30-30-30 with the wps in the front instead of the reset button at the bottom, then start the firmware restoration program to to r20119 and it works.

Can you explain the process ? I use "erase nvram" from within putty as compared to 30-30-30 method.
Thanks
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have just attached the build scripts. Please found it on the first post.

Enjoy!
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have updated first post with some links to alternative firmwares.

The one from https://sites.google.com/site/rtn13u/home looks promising as it's built from the official source provided by Asus.
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

Finally, a true opensource firmware for all: http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=184365

This marks the end of this mod. If you wish to continue try with scripts I provided.

Enjoy!
yutoon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
@amitg, apologies for adding on to your thread if you meant for it to end Razz but really wanted to ask a last question about the amitg123 FW.

Thousands of grateful people around the world are running it, and perhaps for a majority of them there will be no more upgrades. Unless...

The just-released build, 01-01-2013-r20453, seems to run smoother and has a more finished feel. BUT STILL NO SWAP!

So is there a chance you would make one last image based on the 1/1/13 source?

I totally appreciate the port to OpenWRT, but I'm not anxious to learn another interface. Not lazy, just time-deprived.

Anyways, have to ask you so the last wiki update can have the best info. (Need to work on that...)
hadikh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19    Post subject: ITS AMAZING! Reply with quote
@ yutoon I was reluctant too, but OpenWRT is truly amazing and not comparable to the buggy, restricted DD-WRT. You would feel like a real linux machine rather than something with NVRAM commit and all that crap.
you could easily get minidlna, transmission, asterisk and many more without having to worry about anything.
@ amitg0123 I really appreciate the switch to OpenWRT and thanks for all the hard work bro.
amitg0123
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
@yatoon, unfortunately no. I am not going to test it over my OpenWrt setup. You can do it with the build scripts I provided, but yes it's not that simple.

@hadikh, thanks!

FYI, I am also thinking of providing gargoyle (a more user friendly UI for OpenWrt) build when attitude adjustment final is released.
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also tried OpenWRT. Im not in the mood to learn how to use it. If I move to another software, i will move to pfsense and a small old pc.

Anyway, amitg helped me to build the latest firmware with swap enabled. I kept all functions of his last version with exception of the dropbearmulti patch. I also updated the mppe in config file so we can use pptp with encryption enabled.

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk.
yutoon
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, so there are now four FW versions to choose from for the b1?! That's awesome.

Here in the US, routers with gigabit ports, USB, and tons of RAM are becoming available for ~$40 US. But these little b1's are powerful enough to keep around for other uses. Ex. With swap, mythtv (backend only, of course) and a cheap USB-to-HDMI adapter, I'm wondering why it couldn't be used as a standalone HTPC.

@facsi, thank you for the latest contribution. When amitg wrote "but yes it's not that simple," it made me think again about what I would do with a .trx file I managed to build. Takes a lotta balls to flash a self-built file. On brick, don't know if I would go to the trouble of attaching a Jtag to fix.

Thanks again, amitg (and grymster also), for the earlier builds and for the port to OpenWRT. With all the positive comments about it, I'm committed to give it a try (sometime).

b1 owners certainly have some choices of FW now. Smile
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
there is also a minidlna version available for the n13u. Its made for the rt-n56 but it works fine.
phuongcm88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:51    Post subject: swap Reply with quote
Hi there,

How do I enable swap function using this firmware?

Thanks.
facsi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update for 20641.
As always, use at your own risk.
jmflu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
My Asus RT-n13u stopped working. It was working fine for about a month then one day it kept resetting itself pretty often and now I can only get the 'power' light to turn on (no other lights turn on)

and I cannot get network access from ethernet and a hard reset seems to do nothing, help?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 21 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: