Asus RT-N13U B1 mod (r19519)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
badsede
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 21:29    Post subject: Simpler Flashing Reply with quote
I just thought that I'd let everyone know that flashing this router is easier than in the instructions. I needed to flash, but am running OS X, so no Asus Recovery Tool. I bought it used to replace a failing one, so I decided to take a chance.

So, I renamed the asus-to-ddwrt.trx file to RT-N13U.RB_2.0.2.5F.trx and used the original Asus firmware web interface to flash the router. I still did a full reset of the router before and after flashing, then I uploaded the full firmware just like normal.

I did this all with 28397.
Sponsor
dimsum168
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Following badsede's steps worked for me. I'm on OS X as well so no access to Asus Recovery Tool.

Steps I did:

Download r28397
Renamed the asus-to-ddwrt.trx file to RT-N13U.RB_2.0.2.5F.trx
Went into original Asus firmware web interface and restored to factory defaults
Went into original Asus firmware web interface and flashed it w/ my newly renamed RT-N13U.RB_2.0.2.5F.trx file
Waited 4 minutes
Went to 192.168.1.1 like usual and got DD-WRT interface
In DD-WRT, reset to default settings
Configured DD-WRT as I wanted to

One problem I'm having though is if I set Wireless Channel to "Auto", wireless signal stops working/broadcasting, and eventually when I go into DD-WRT, mac address of Wireless Physical Interface is corrupted: "HWAddr [ ³w¼±wìÃw€2w° )w -d ØOwäOwwl0_hwaddr]. When I set Channel to a specific value, seems to work fine.
badsede
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 20:52    Post subject: Power alternatives Reply with quote
dimsum168's post reminded me...

I just got a UPS for my network that includes a couple of USB charging ports. I had a USB to barrel connector lying around, so I thought I'd see if the Asus will run off 5V USB. Runs like a champ. I stress tested it and power consumption never went above 5v/.9A (4.5W) and stayed .6-.8A most of the time.

This means that when I'm on UPS, I should get considerably longer run-times since those wall-warts are only 50-80% efficient.

Unfortunately, trying the same thing for my modem prevented it from connecting properly, not sure what is going on there.

Last edited by badsede on Tue Sep 26, 2017 18:08; edited 1 time in total
Tesla90
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:52    Post subject: Re: Power alternatives Reply with quote
badsede wrote:
dimsum168's post reminded me...

I just got a UPS for my network that includes a couple of USB charging ports. I had a USB to barrel connector lying around, so I thought I'd see if the Asus will run off 5V USB. Runs like a champ. I stress tested it and power consumption never went above 5v/.9A (4.5W) and stayed .6-.8A most of the time.

This means that when I'm on UPS, I should get considerably longer run-times since those wall-warts are only 50-80% efficient.

Unfortunately, trying the same thing for my model prevented if from connecting properly, not sure what is going on there.

Hello
I'm very new to this router modding thing. I have an old Rt n13u b1. Wanted to flash it with ddwrt. But cant understand which version is stable?
I found the latest which is r32573 which was released on 19/07/2017. Should i flash it or the old r28397?
Please help.

And about running the router on 5v,mine didnt even start up...
Tesla90
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:52    Post subject: Re: Power alternatives Reply with quote
Duplicate post. Sorry Sad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 Display posts from previous:    Page 24 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: