Asus RT-N13U B1 mod (r19519)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
So the speed issue seems to have resolved itself, not sure what that was all about. I managed to get the samba server working too after adjusting a few settings a few times.

Has anyone had success getting inadyn to work? I set it up and rebooted the router but all I get is:

DDNS Status
Sat Oct 1 18:14:07 2011: INADYN: Started 'INADYN Advanced version 1.96-ADV' - dynamic DNS updater.

But dyndns.com does not show an update.
-----------
Any tips on getting a printer to show up?
Sponsor
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 19:09    Post subject: Printer Sharing Reply with quote
I'm trying to follow the directions here :

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Printer_Sharing

But I'm not having any luck. I get an error from the very first command
------
root@EmeraldServer:/# ipkg -force-depends install kmod-usb-printer
-sh: ipkg: not found
------
I don't know where to turn on jffs support because despite what the wiki says there's nothing under the admin tab by that name. I was trying to use these directions.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Jffs#Enable_JFFS:_Create_.2Fjffs

Can someone help me get a print server running on this box? What am I doing wrong? Why can't I find these settings?
guiness
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sauva wrote:
So the speed issue seems to have resolved itself, not sure what that was all about.

Interesting with the speed issue. The description you give is exactly what happened to me, except with the stock firmware. Router would slow to a crawl. Some fooling around with settings fixed it, but the problem came back. I haven't seen it since I've been using dd-wrt. I wonder if it could be a bigger issue, I saw it reported on the Asus forums as well.
guiness
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sauva wrote:
I managed to get the samba server working too after adjusting a few settings a few times.

How is Samba working for you? I can access the router, but only by entering the LAN ip address, not the name. I also can't browse to it, I have to enter the ip in the address bar.
asusno1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please some body help me. The disk is mounted successfully(thanks to the new firmware) but how to access the external disk now. I dont see any folder in my computer nor in my network places. Am I doing wrong or missing something? Please help.

Disk mounted pic:-
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
guiness wrote:
Sauva wrote:
I managed to get the samba server working too after adjusting a few settings a few times.

How is Samba working for you? I can access the router, but only by entering the LAN ip address, not the name. I also can't browse to it, I have to enter the ip in the address bar.

Same here. I have to enter smb://192.168.1.1 but from there it proceeds as normal.

asusno1 wrote:
Please some body help me. The disk is mounted successfully(thanks to the new firmware) but how to access the external disk now. I dont see any folder in my computer nor in my network places. Am I doing wrong or missing something? Please help.

Since it's related here's what I did. Pop over to NAS tab (right next to USB) enable Samba, put the name of the shared drive in the shares path, allow read/write, make a User and allow that user to access the newly named shares path. Save, apply, count to 10. On a mac hop into the finder, Go menu, connect to server, smb://192.168.1.1, put in name and password, and it should pop up with a dialog to select the name of the share you just set up. Good luck

Anyone have any luck with a networked printer yet? I'm catching enough flack about it from the wife I had to set up another computer as a print server, and I really don't need to be wasting that much electricity if I can avoid it.
asusno1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. But I am on windows, do I need to download samba for that. Also I tried using proftp server. I filled "1q2w3e4r" as a password for user:-

And now when i try to access the ftp via smartftp client by filling my lan ip and "admin" as user and "1q2w3e4r" as password I am getting incorrect login:-

Regards
asusno1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
working now. I can access the drive now via samba. I just have to type \\lan ip
e.g. \\192.168.1.3
wearver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
if i have the ddwrt firmware, just update this?
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got the printer working ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U#Installing_a_Network_Printer_onto_Asus_RT-N13U )

Can't get the inadyn to update dyndns.com though. Anyone had luck with that?
ralph_irving
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's a replacement binary back on page 2.

I've updated my original startup script to avoid having multiple copies of inadyns running.

Code:
if [ "0" -eq "`ps | grep -v grep | grep -c inadyns`" ]; then
    /opt/sbin/inadyns --input_file /tmp/ddns/inadyn.conf
fi
Sauva
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
ralph_irving wrote:
There's a replacement binary back on page 2.

Ah nice, I'd glossed over that post previously. Can you give me a noobs guide to getting that file into /opt/sbin? I assume I can do that via telnet if I'm hooked to the router via ethernet, but I don't know the command lines to pull that off.

Also, does this look ok for my startup script if I want your binary as well as a printer to work?

Code:
sleep 1
if [ "0" -eq "`ps | grep -v grep | grep -c inadyns`" ]; then
    /opt/sbin/inadyns --input_file /tmp/ddns/inadyn.conf
fi
sleep 4
mkdir -m 755 -p /dev/usb
mknod -m 660 /dev/usb/lp0 c 180 0
/usr/sbin/p910nd -f /dev/usb/lp0 1

Thanks for the help.
asusno1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am experiencing a problem in which the internet stops responding after 10-20 mins of usage but rest of the services works fine during that time like samba.
asusno1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
The problem is getting sever. The internet stops working randomly and all the new sites show server not found while the already opened sites are working fine. This problem was not there in the old firmware. The internet is not working at the time of writing. Internet on my some computers are not working at all. It works fine directly. I guess I need to get back to the old firmware Sad
fatbill27
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
asusno1 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. But I am on windows, do I need to download samba for that. Also I tried using proftp server. I filled "1q2w3e4r" as a password for user:-

And now when i try to access the ftp via smartftp client by filling my lan ip and "admin" as user and "1q2w3e4r" as password I am getting incorrect login:-

Regards

option: User Password List -> any name [space] password can be entered
Name and password must be seperated by a space.
You should enter at least one user name and password,
so you do not need to use the "root-user" to get FTP access.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22, 23, 24  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 24
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: