Joined: 23 Sep 2013
|Posted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 17:11 Post subject: Dir-615-D1 hangs after changing default password
|I have a Dir-615-D1 with DD-WRTv24-sp2 (03/25/13) (SVN rev 21061).
Here's what's happening
- Reset the router using 30/30/30
- Connect to the router via WiFi (successful)
- Go to router page 192.168.1.1
- I get a form to change the default password
- Enter new username and password and press the button
- Router becomes unresponsive
At that point, I can no longer connect to the router. "Windows is unable to connect to DD-WRT".
After another 30/30/30 (so that I could connect), I tried changing it through telnet:
|nvram set http_passwd=""
nvram set http_user=""
The 'nvram commit' command doesn't terminate and putty quits after about a minute.
I also tried 'setuserpasswd user pwd' but that command didn't terminate either and putty quits after a minute.
The router worked great in the past, until it was reset and now this is happening.
Any help is appreciated!