AirLink101 670W - can't see wireless signal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
darkstrike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 14:48    Post subject: AirLink101 670W - can't see wireless signal? Reply with quote
Hi folks,

Not new to DD-WRT (I've had a Linksys WRT54G for quite awhile now and it has worked flawlessly with DD-WRT, so cheers and thanks to the Devs! Very Happy)

However, I was given an Airlink101 670W the other day for free and just used the proper procedure I found on the wiki to flash DD-WRT to it. All seems to have gone well with the factory webflash file and then the DD-WRT webflash file, and I can log into the router and change settings no problems...however, I cannot, no matter what I do, get the wireless signal to show up and thus connect to it from computers? It seems to work fine when a computer is plugged in via LAN cable though...?

All of the settings are correct, I've rebooted the router numerous times, and I've done a 30/30/30 reset once or twice as well...?

I did use the latest firmware I could find, i.e.

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/airlink101-ar670w/

And I've had good luck with BrainSlayer's files on my Linksys WRT54G in the past.

This router would be a great replacement for my WRT54G (which I will keep as it still works awesomely), as the Airlink router has 'N' capability as well and my old WRT54G is only 'b/g'.

Is there something I am doing wrong here, or does anybody have any ideas? Thanks so much to anybody kind enough to offer suggestions! Smile

EDIT - I should also mention, the WiFi light on the Airlink is on and flashes as if it is connected, I just can't get the signal to show up in Windows/Linux Wifi Network Connection Lists, or in inSSIDer 2.1 on Windows?
Sponsor
darkstrike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all - sorry for the double post, but another idea...if nobody is sure of a way I could use to fix my wireless issue with the DD-WRT build I linked in my last post, is there a DD-WRT build for the Airlink101 AR670W that somebody could kindly suggest that they have had good luck with? Smile

Thanks!
darkstrike
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
As an update - still no luck; also tried uploading the latest firmware from BrainSlayer for the router (build 19519)to the router and still cannot see the wireless signal even though all settings are correct and router was properly rebooted/reset before and after flashing...?
neptho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
r16214 is the only stable DD-WRT build for this router.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others%2Feko%2FBrainSlayer-V24-preSP2%2F2011%2F02-17-11-r16214%2F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: