Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 23:38 Post subject: Got the working solution....
DISCLAIMER: Please read all other precautionary steps first before jumping on it. I'm not responsible for any kind of failure. These steps worked for me. It is not necessary that they will work for you too. So, do it at your own risk.
1. Hard-wire the router with your computer
2. make sure anti-virus software is off on your computer.
3. Make sure wireless connection is also off in your computer
4. Do a 30-30-30 Reset.
5. go to: http://192.168.1.1
6. USER ID /Password (Default) = (admin/admin)
7. Go To Administration tab.
8. Click -> Upgrade Firmware
9. Use F1(see above list of firmwares) firmware and upgrade
10. Once done, wait for 5 minutes before hitting "continue" button.
11. Do another 30-30-30 Reset.
12. power-off router for a min
13. Once power is ON go to http://192.168.1.1
14. Change User ID and Password
15. Go to Administration
16. Upgrade firmware
17. This time choose F2 (see above list of firmwares) and upgrade.
18. You are done.
Last edited by Vayu on Sun Aug 05, 2012 16:53; edited 2 times in total
You are correct. Use a non trailed version for subsequent flashing. _________________ SIG:
I'm trying to teach you to fish, not give you a fish. If you just want a fish, wait for a fisherman who hands them out. I'm more of a fishing instructor. So See these:
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."