WNDR4500 (N900) supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
2chp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the double post. Could not EDIT my above due to some wacky error of me not being able to edit someone else s post.

@jenn I just flashed bin 27240 and update went well. I then proceeded to setup VAP applied and saved. I could connect to my private network, but was unable to connect to my VAP. Issue was solved by performing another device reboot from within the control panel.

Hope that helps, if you haven't already got it working

Edit: I can confirm 5G is not working if you have a VAP installation. I am unable to connect and am locked on to channel 36 like yourself, however 2G works just fine. With my provisioned internet 5G provides negligible difference in speed so no problem with me. This seems to be a issue for some dating back to last year. General consensus is that if others who flashed 27240 have no issues with 5ghz running VAP, that you should reset the router and 're do the setup process, although I'm sure your more knowledgeable of the matter than I this link may be of use to you http://tips.desipro.de/2014/02/12/wireless-starters-guide-for-first-time-dd-wrt-users/

If you must use 5G with VAP and cannot under 27240 then I suggest you revert back to 25015 as I can confirm it works flawlessly on that build.

Good luck
Sponsor
stevedensmore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been running the latest beta builds, and the internet connection randomly drops on one frequency, but still works on the other. Anyone else had issues like this? The router usually reconnects on its own after a few minutes, but it's becoming a problem.
mystykmax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you downgrade a few versions, does it stop disconnecting?
stevedensmore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
mystykmax wrote:
If you downgrade a few versions, does it stop disconnecting?

I started with 04-01-2015-r26635, and I've only skipped a few in between. This issue has been around ever since I flashed it the first time.
stevedensmore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I picked up another V2, and managed to brick it. I followed all the appropriate steps, but now all it posts is a yellow power LED, and occasionally all the LED's will flash. It's weird because this is the second V2 I've had that wouldn't allow me to reach the GUI when hardwired. The other I successfully flashed didn't have any issues doing it over WiFi. I've since tried hard resetting, but no luck. Does anyone here have experience in recovering a bricked unit that can't be reached with a LAN cable?
KALIROB2K6
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
2chp wrote:
@Jenn What firmware are you running? I'm currently on the Wiki recommended 25015 and have no issues with VAP or 5G. I was just about ready to flash the latest version 27240 as a few other members reported it works, however I may wait now.

It was probally me being a nub at DDWRT flashing, but the first time I flashed I could not get WIFI to connect, but was able to via direct cat6. I solved it just by doing another factory reset within the control panel, and ensuring I had all the ISP credentials populated correctly.

the file date is 6/4 so around then, the name doesn't give a version number. I wish there was a way for someone to take a look at this, because I'm totally lost why it won't work.

- jenn
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
stevedensmore wrote:
I picked up another V2, and managed to brick it. I followed all the appropriate steps, but now all it posts is a yellow power LED, and occasionally all the LED's will flash. It's weird because this is the second V2 I've had that wouldn't allow me to reach the GUI when hardwired. The other I successfully flashed didn't have any issues doing it over WiFi. I've since tried hard resetting, but no luck. Does anyone here have experience in recovering a bricked unit that can't be reached with a LAN cable?

Since you have a corrupted firmware and still got some flashing LEDs, may be you can try Netgear's recovery utility to recover to stock firmware and then start over again. Check this for more details: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19841/~/reinstall-the-firmware-on-a-router-without-the-setup-cd-recovery-tool
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
KALIROB2K6 wrote:
2chp wrote:
@Jenn What firmware are you running? I'm currently on the Wiki recommended 25015 and have no issues with VAP or 5G. I was just about ready to flash the latest version 27240 as a few other members reported it works, however I may wait now.

It was probally me being a nub at DDWRT flashing, but the first time I flashed I could not get WIFI to connect, but was able to via direct cat6. I solved it just by doing another factory reset within the control panel, and ensuring I had all the ISP credentials populated correctly.

the file date is 6/4 so around then, the name doesn't give a version number. I wish there was a way for someone to take a look at this, because I'm totally lost why it won't work.

- jenn

I think this is the wiki that 2chp is referring to: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR4500

Take a look at Build Information at the end of the wiki for the recommended build and a link to Kong 25015-SP1.
2chp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
KALIROB2K6 wrote:
2chp wrote:

- jenn

I think this is the wiki that 2chp is referring to: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR4500

Take a look at Build Information at the end of the wiki for the recommended build and a link to Kong 25015-SP1.

@jenn The DDWRT WIKI has the recommended build 25015-SP1 listed. No issues what so ever with that build runs great actually, however me coming from my flashaholic AA meeting on custom roms for Androids I think me and DD-WRT will become great friends. I can confirm 5G with the recent build DD-WRT v3.0-r27343 (06/17/15) giga with VAP and QOS traffic shaping works as well. It is however a bit buggy and need reboots between anything saved / applied otherwise VAP loses connection.

Good Luck
stevedensmore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 15:57    Post subject: Please delete. Reply with quote
*Duplicate post*

Last edited by stevedensmore on Thu Jun 18, 2015 16:09; edited 1 time in total
stevedensmore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
stevedensmore wrote:

Since you have a corrupted firmware and still got some flashing LEDs, may be you can try Netgear's recovery utility to recover to stock firmware and then start over again. Check this for more details: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19841/~/reinstall-the-firmware-on-a-router-without-the-setup-cd-recovery-tool

Unfortunately, both V2's routers out of the box could only access the GUI through WiFi connections. It's odd, because the one that works delivers internet to all the devices I have hardwired to it. I've tried pinging the bricked router through a LAN connection, but it doesn't respond.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
stevedensmore wrote:
Unfortunately, both V2's routers out of the box could only access the GUI through WiFi connections. It's odd, because the one that works delivers internet to all the devices I have hardwired to it. I've tried pinging the bricked router through a LAN connection, but it doesn't respond.

Does out of the box means the problem happens to stock firmware too, i.e. no LAN functions? If that is the case, it sounds like faulty hardware.

As for the one that is bricked, did you tried Netgear's recovery tool? Does it work?
stevedensmore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
stevedensmore wrote:

Does out of the box means the problem happens to stock firmware too, i.e. no LAN functions? If that is the case, it sounds like faulty hardware.

As for the one that is bricked, did you tried Netgear's recovery tool? Does it work?

Yes, out of the box neither couldn't ping the router, or login to the interface while hard-wired with the Netgear firmware. I could access the interface through WiFi, though. That's how I flashed DD-WRT successfully over WiFi on the first one without an issue. The bricked unit doesn't transmit Wifi anymore, and hard-wiring is not an option so it can't be TFTP'd. Now I'm wondering if I'd be able to reprogram it through the serial method.
js1662
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
stevedensmore wrote:
Yes, out of the box neither couldn't ping the router, or login to the interface while hard-wired with the Netgear firmware. I could access the interface through WiFi, though. That's how I flashed DD-WRT successfully over WiFi on the first one without an issue. The bricked unit doesn't transmit Wifi anymore, and hard-wiring is not an option so it can't be TFTP'd. Now I'm wondering if I'd be able to reprogram it through the serial method.

If the problem is due to faulty components in the router probably the switch IC then serial method won't bring it up because it is already damaged. You still need to have LAN access even with serial method, you use serial console to initiate a tftp download and that has to go through the LAN port. Without the LAN there is nothing much you can do. For the one that still has Wifi access, you can use it as a repeater and be careful when you want to upgrade the firmware as you don't want to brick it.
stevedensmore
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
js1662 wrote:
stevedensmore wrote:

If the problem is due to faulty components in the router probably the switch IC then serial method won't bring it up because it is already damaged. You still need to have LAN access even with serial method, you use serial console to initiate a tftp download and that has to go through the LAN port. Without the LAN there is nothing much you can do. For the one that still has Wifi access, you can use it as a repeater and be careful when you want to upgrade the firmware as you don't want to brick it.

You missed the part where I said the working V2 has no problem assigning an IP and delivering the internet to my other devices (TV, Xbox 360, and PS4) that are hardwired. It simply won't allow me to access the GUI through a web browser when it's hardwired. However, the router's GUI can be accessed without an issue when connected over WiFi. It did the same thing with the Netgear firmware on both routers. I've updated the firmware numerous times this way on the working V2.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 77, 78, 79 ... 94, 95, 96  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 78 of 96
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: