WNDR4500 (N900) supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
johnlgalt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 23:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Taking the plunge here in a few minutes. Will report back if it does / does not work, hopefully with some observations.
Sponsor
xshad0wfx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed Kongs latest builds on my Netgear WNDR4500v1.

So far i've only had to restart the router once because connection got dropped. After realizing though that it might have just been my wifi card this could have just been a fluke on my part. Other than that it's been running pretty well so far. Had some TX errors (33) but they weren't climbing though so it may not be a problem.

Thank's Kong for your support on this!

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
do you really need to do a 30/30/30 reset everytime you upgrade. getting tired of doing the reset an taking the time to set it all back up how I want it???
mrengles
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong

In addition to the VPN pass through issue, that I recently posted about I'm still having trouble with the QoS. Although the router doesn't crash immediately after enabling QoS, it does after some time still like when doing a couple of speedtest.net runs.

Are there any logs I can pull from my router to help you solve the issue?

Thanks again,
Mrengles
Kiwiandrew
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm running this version of DD-WRT: http://www.myopenrouter.com/download/43858/DD-WRT-for-WNDR4500v1/

Can I just reflash the firmware by using the latest Bin file?

Thanks Smile
the-uki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:47    Post subject: Internet access problems after turning router off and on Reply with quote
Hi,

first my upfront apologies for not being a networking expert. The following curious thing happend:

I have a Netgear WNDR 4500 with CPU Broadcom BCM5300 chip rev 1.

I used to have the K26 build from February 25, 2013 which worked fine for my needs.

I then recently upgraded to the K3AC build from July 27, and now I have a problem:

When I turn off the router with the switch in the back, and then I turn it back on, there is no more internet coming through on some devices, as follows:

Apple devices that were connected prior to turning off the router still have access to internet.

Apple devices that I connect after I turn off and on do not have internet access anymore.

It screwed up my Windows 7 laptop internet access completely. It will connect to the router, but gets no more internet, but even worse, after that it also gets no internet from none of the other internet access points or routers (!)

It apears something is seriously screwing up devices connecting after turning the router off and back on manually.

Please HELP !!!

My internet access is through the Swisscom Centro grande router, to which I connected the Netgear through one of the 4 lan ports (and not the yellow port on the Netgear box, which never worked). After turning both off and on, and after 1/2 I was able to get to reconnect. This did not happen with the February version of the firmware.

P.S. I succeeded flashing back to the original February version but the 5G light didn't work, so I then flashed 129 version in order to flash the original Netgear firmware afterwords. Took several tries for it to boot up properly. It fixed the light issue, and then I flashed the February version. Only problem, there are some glitches with the access restrictions - which is the very reason I wanted this firmware in the first places.

I don't know why it is, but it seems very difficult to get a firmware with proper granular access restriction management. The only one I saw so far that is very decent is Fritzbox

Last edited by the-uki on Wed Aug 28, 2013 13:36; edited 1 time in total
londonboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi
I've been reading around this site and feel so out of my depth it's scary.

I have a WNDR4500, and the only functionality I'm looking for is the ability to wake up a PC on my home network via the internet. With the stock firmware, it's not possible.

Does this firmware have that facility?

Many Thanks

J
min_et
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anybody been able to unbrick the wndr4500 v1? I already tried the peacock instructions without success, I'm getting between 2-4 ttl=100 and after that I keep getting "Request timed out"

I've using tftp2.exe with different stock and dd-wrt firwares without success.

The last firmware I was able to installed successfully was 22118 from BS.

The power light is solid amber, lan port lights seems to be working fine as they are green when I connect a gigabit device and change to amber color when using 100/10Mbps device.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Min_et
nomad
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
min_et wrote:
Has anybody been able to unbrick the wndr4500 v1? I already tried the peacock instructions without success, I'm getting between 2-4 ttl=100 and after that I keep getting "Request timed out"

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Min_et

I had the same with initial flashing, but it turned out i was too impatient, it took a while (couple of minutes) to come back up. I did an hard reset before.

with tftp it's recommended you put an extra switch between your computer and the router, so you don't lose time with autosensing network stuff when the power goes back on, it might buy you some time for tftp which seems to be time critical

good luck
mrengles
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
londonboy wrote:
Hi
I've been reading around this site and feel so out of my depth it's scary.

I have a WNDR4500, and the only functionality I'm looking for is the ability to wake up a PC on my home network via the internet. With the stock firmware, it's not possible.

Does this firmware have that facility?

Many Thanks

J

Yes DD-WRT supports WOL. To manually wake a device from over the internet you will need to enable remote administration on the router.

Good Luck!

Mrengles
neptune_
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer:

Whats the procedure to flash dd-wrt on WNDR4500?
In BrainSlayer's repository (ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/netgear-wndr4500/), there are two files - .chk and .bin.
I'm not sure which one to flash first and how to do the procedure end-to-end.

I've flashed dd-wrt on a Linksys E3000 before which was pretty simple: 30/30/30, flash, 30/30/30.

Thanks very much!
morten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
neptune_ wrote:
Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer:

Whats the procedure to flash dd-wrt on WNDR4500?
In BrainSlayer's repository (ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2013/07-24-2013-r22118/netgear-wndr4500/), there are two files - .chk and .bin.
I'm not sure which one to flash first and how to do the procedure end-to-end.

I've flashed dd-wrt on a Linksys E3000 before which was pretty simple: 30/30/30, flash, 30/30/30.

Thanks very much!

First, return to stock firmware by flashing .chk from Netgear.

Then flash .chk from here http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC/Initial/
Choose appropriate version either v1 or v2

then you can flash the latest firmware .bin, currently dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC.bin http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC/22200/
neptune_
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
morten wrote:

then you can flash the latest firmware .bin, currently dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC.bin http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC/22200/

Wonderful! Thanks very much.

BTW, whats the difference between this and BrainSlayer's files?
mrengles
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
neptune_ wrote:
morten wrote:

Nothing all the new K3 builds are the same according to kong. I personally would use kong builds for your WNDR4500 because I know he owns this unit and is actively developing for it at the moment. It's a good idea to read this thread from start to finish, it contains all the info you need to know about the wndr4500 with ddwrt.

Last edited by mrengles on Wed Aug 28, 2013 19:09; edited 1 time in total
neptune_
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrengles wrote:
neptune_ wrote:
morten wrote:

Nothing all the K3 builds are the same according to kong. I personally would use kong builds for your WNDR4500 because I know he owns this unit and is actively developing for it at the moment.

Ok great. Thanks very much
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 94, 95, 96  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 34 of 96
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: