WNDR4500 (N900) supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
ptmuldoon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm hoping someone can give some tips on connect a external HD to the USB port and getting samba working.

I've attached a Slim My Passport 1TB drive to the USB, and it is automounting to tmp/mnt/sda

And I can see that in my sda and sda1 on the network, however it shows it as blank.

Do I need to relabel the volume to jiffs?

EDIT: Unsure if just hadn't saved setting properly or not but seems to have mounted and can see the drive info now.
Sponsor
digitard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like 770 was posted yesterday. Anyone give it a try, yet?
mystykmax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone with a wndr4500v1 using the 23720+ firmwares with success?
ptmuldoon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
mystykmax wrote:

What is your definition of success?

Yes, I am running build 23730 with no issues. Will likely upgrade to 23770 later this week as well.
vnvjeep
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
ptmuldoon wrote:
mystykmax wrote:

Yes, I am running build 23730 with no issues. Will likely upgrade to 23770 later this week as well.

No problems on 23770 for me...

Thanks
-Mike
mystykmax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
vnvjeep wrote:
ptmuldoon wrote:
mystykmax wrote:

Thanks
-Mike

Thanks for replying, guys. It seemed like my wireless slowed down to some noticable degree starting with 23720. I had reverted back to 23655 for the time being. Maybe I'll try 23770 tonight.
vnvjeep
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
mystykmax wrote:
vnvjeep wrote:
ptmuldoon wrote:
mystykmax wrote:

Thanks
-Mike

Thanks for replying, guys. It seemed like my wireless slowed down to some noticable degree starting with 23720. I had reverted back to 23655 for the time being. Maybe I'll try 23770 tonight.

Had the same problem...23770 seems to be better for now.
mystykmax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
vnvjeep wrote:
mystykmax wrote:
vnvjeep wrote:
ptmuldoon wrote:
mystykmax wrote:

Thanks
-Mike

Had the same problem...23770 seems to be better for now.

Just updated...speeds seem better again. I do notice my wl0 and wl1 temps are about 1C hotter.
vnvjeep
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:39    Post subject: 23770-R01 oddities? Reply with quote
I'm running 23770-R01 old drivers version, coming from 23770 with the new drivers... And noticed some strangeness... I did run those nvram commit statements and rebooted instead of doing an FDR.

1. The CPU usage is almost consistently in the 90% and up and sits at 100% frequently with light usage on the network. I don't remember if it did this before but once I started looking at it, this seemed odd.

2. Running a speedtest on the 2.4ghz interface last night kept yielding a 3MBps download speed, while the 5ghz interface would show a 25MBps download speed. But now this morning, the 2.4ghz interface is showing 25MBps... so I'm wondering if something had to settle for a while before this became functional?

Also, could someone please explain the difference between the old and new drivers, and what their benefits may be? Old drivers are more stable, but some devices can't connect? What's the deal on the new drivers? I'd like to figure put which version is best, fastest and most efficient to handle my wifi clients...

Thank you!
Mike
TuxBux
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
TuxBux wrote:
CDMMocelet wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
CDMMocelet wrote:
Any chance it will be a smaller build? I am still trying to get my 4500 on 3.X.

Yep, lets see if this solves your problem.

OK here is the download:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/Extras/Netgear/

Make sure you can recover, nobody flashed my WNDR4500 build before, although I'm confident it works:-)

Things to test:

-LEDs
-WAN connection
-Speedtest if you have 100MBit or faster WAN connection

That build would not load from Factory Firmware.

The message I am greeted with is:
"This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product."

I am debating about loading the myopenrouter build, and then trying to flash this .chk file. I know that the Tathagata Build is <8MB. I wonder how much he stripped out, and more importantly, WHY? The CFE I have is behaving in an odd manner.

Thanks for the build and the heads up. I will bring the laptop with the serial port home tomorrow to check what the serial console says is going on and try some different upgrade combinations.

I am not sure which device you are attempting to flash, but for what it's worth, here is the path I took on my WNDR4500V1:

Old Netgear Stock Firmware -> Tathagata February build from MyOpenRouter -> Latest Netgear Firmware -> Brainslayer 21656 -> Brainslayer 21660 -> Kong's latest build, linked above.

I'm not suggesting you attempt to repeat my path, just offering it as a history.

If you are not on the newest Netgear stock firmware, it may be useful to flash to that first. Also, stock Netgear firmware will only accept .chk files, not .bin files, I believe.

Good luck.

Kong, thanks for all the great work you do.

I just dusted off my WNDR-4500 v1 again after several months ago loading DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/04/13) kongac (SVN revision 21774), and was thinking of flashing back to Netgear stock.

I tried to flash stock Netgear firmware with .chk and .bin extensions from the DD-WRT web interface, but it didn't work. If you have advice on how to flash back to stock I would be very grateful.

I was thinking of selling this router, but if it would be of use to you for development purposes, I would definitely consider donating it to you. Let me know if it would.

Thanks again.

<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
TuxBux wrote:
TuxBux wrote:
CDMMocelet wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
CDMMocelet wrote:
Any chance it will be a smaller build? I am still trying to get my 4500 on 3.X.

Yep, lets see if this solves your problem.

OK here is the download:

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/Extras/Netgear/

Make sure you can recover, nobody flashed my WNDR4500 build before, although I'm confident it works:-)

Things to test:

-LEDs
-WAN connection
-Speedtest if you have 100MBit or faster WAN connection

That build would not load from Factory Firmware.

The message I am greeted with is:
"This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product."

I am debating about loading the myopenrouter build, and then trying to flash this .chk file. I know that the Tathagata Build is <8MB. I wonder how much he stripped out, and more importantly, WHY? The CFE I have is behaving in an odd manner.

Thanks for the build and the heads up. I will bring the laptop with the serial port home tomorrow to check what the serial console says is going on and try some different upgrade combinations.

I am not sure which device you are attempting to flash, but for what it's worth, here is the path I took on my WNDR4500V1:

Old Netgear Stock Firmware -> Tathagata February build from MyOpenRouter -> Latest Netgear Firmware -> Brainslayer 21656 -> Brainslayer 21660 -> Kong's latest build, linked above.

I'm not suggesting you attempt to repeat my path, just offering it as a history.

If you are not on the newest Netgear stock firmware, it may be useful to flash to that first. Also, stock Netgear firmware will only accept .chk files, not .bin files, I believe.

Good luck.

Kong, thanks for all the great work you do.

I just dusted off my WNDR-4500 v1 again after several months ago loading DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/04/13) kongac (SVN revision 21774), and was thinking of flashing back to Netgear stock.

I tried to flash stock Netgear firmware with .chk and .bin extensions from the DD-WRT web interface, but it didn't work. If you have advice on how to flash back to stock I would be very grateful.

I was thinking of selling this router, but if it would be of use to you for development purposes, I would definitely consider donating it to you. Let me know if it would.

Thanks again.

From my Readme:

Flashing back to Netgear Firmware is supported in builds >= 22127

To go back to netgear, just flash one of the newer builds, then it will allow you to flash netgear fw.

http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC/

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
From my Readme:

To go back to netgear, just flash one of the newer builds, then it will allow you to flash netgear fw.

Thank you so much, Kong. Your documentation in the Readme and Changelog are great, I just didn't see them immediately.

So I guess you don't need my router for development purposes?

Thanks for all you do.

<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
TuxBux wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
From my Readme:

Thank you so much, Kong. Your documentation in the Readme and Changelog are great, I just didn't see them immediately.

No thanks, there won't be any further model specific changes, the port for this unit is complete.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
TuxBux wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
From my Readme:

No thanks, there won't be any further model specific changes, the port for this unit is complete.

OK, well thanks again for the work Kong. You are a fantastic addition to the DD-WRT development community.

Gauss013
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 22:39    Post subject: Help for a newbie? Reply with quote
Ok, so I have read through the peacock thread and as much of this thread as I can (sorry guys, its 55 pages... Tough to process all that information to determine what I should do).

It recommends that I use the builds recommended from the forum as they tend to be more tested, now the wiki recommends: v.24 sp2 - build 21656 20130522, but seeing as many of you are referencing builds in the 237xx range, I am guessing that those are more up to date builds?

In simple terms, what is the build I should use if I want a stable version of DD-WRT on my router? Is there a stable version (dd-wrt.com lists it as a wip, but information indicates it is out of date).

Also, I am pretty new to this, is this guide pretty accurate? ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation ). It hits all the key points I would expect given installing an image on an embedded device, but I want to double check as I'd like to avoid bricking my router.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 94, 95, 96  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 55 of 96
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: