WNDR4500 (N900) supported?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
alexhaj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 16:26    Post subject: sitrep? Reply with quote
whats the status on this firmware? eta?
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 17:05    Post subject: Re: sitrep? Reply with quote
alexhaj wrote:
whats the status on this firmware? eta?

We don't do eta's here, it will be released when it is ready.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
csm746 wrote:
NetGear uses a somewhat different approach to channel width selection. On the wireless setup screen for both radios under SSID and channel you will find a selection for mode. Changing this from 450mbs to 217mbs selects 20ghz bandwidth.

Thanks for that. That is an odd way of doing it. On the Trendnet I tried before, the difference in speed between a GI of 20 and 40 was 405 and 450. 217 must be changing the GI and dropping one of the channels.
Zajec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:54    Post subject: Re: Configure router through telnet? Reply with quote
ZeDestructor wrote:
I can supply the pinouts/location if anyone is interested.
I am. Can you provide their location, please?
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 16:47    Post subject: Re: Configure router through telnet? Reply with quote
Zajec wrote:
ZeDestructor wrote:

I will try to get pinout information, however I dumped essential info for this device, and will dump the cfe tonight.. info is in this thread

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=148991

-Fractal
verg0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are there any status updates regarding the progress of this router?

Are there any major issues that need to be taken in to account to get a coustom build running on this BEAST! ?

Ps: would this need the uboot bootloader flashing to the device via JTag before hand?
zefyx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's to hoping I can flash dd-wrt to my N900 soon. I'm dying to replace my N600.
eskwire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 17:05    Post subject: Just Wait Reply with quote
I know they don't do status of the eta's here, and that it will be released when it is ready.

It would be could that you have a page or a link to a forum juts waiting on witch hardware are you working currently so people don't have to come and ask for doze that aren't in the data base list.

So I will be coming know and then to see how thing are going and if you all need any $ support I will be fine to do my little because you do a nice job.

Keep on working dude.

Long life to DD-wrt
ZeDestructor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:41    Post subject: Re: Configure router through telnet? Reply with quote
Zajec wrote:
ZeDestructor wrote:

Fractal wrote:
Zajec wrote:
ZeDestructor wrote:

I will try to get pinout information, however I dumped essential info for this device, and will dump the cfe tonight.. info is in this thread

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=148991

-Fractal

Posted here where its more relevant:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=663694#663694

NOTE: my board is a beta board, so not exactly as the retail ones, but mostly similar.
Tashlan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 21:43    Post subject: throws hat into ring... Reply with quote
Just ordered mine. Looking forward to my first dd-wrt install on it. Thanks for everyone's hard work so far.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 0:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I hope it comes soon because to me this wdr4500 is not exactly an upgrade as of now. Terrible wan upload speeds and random lock ups I have never had before in a router. I got it partly because I wanted gigabit wan support since my isp has connections over 100mbit.
See here http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=71670
I have used two different buffalo routers with dd-wrt for the last 2 years with no problems and a great gui as well. I would wait to buy this router until they fix it. 2-3 more weeks of no fix and I am swapping for asus rt-n66 or something if it becomes available soon.
ZeDestructor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ghettorat wrote:
Well I hope it comes soon because to me this wdr4500 is not exactly an upgrade as of now. Terrible wan upload speeds and random lock ups I have never had before in a router. I got it partly because I wanted gigabit wan support since my isp has connections over 100mbit.
See here http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=71670
I have used two different buffalo routers with dd-wrt for the last 2 years with no problems and a great gui as well. I would wait to buy this router until they fix it. 2-3 more weeks of no fix and I am swapping for asus rt-n66 or something if it becomes available soon.

Upgrade to FW V1.0.0.70_1.0.18. Its the most stable of the all barring that one internal beta FW (V1.0.0.55_1.0.12) which I will not share. Good luck finding it.
zx2slow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is the 4096 simultaneous connections a hardware limit on this router?
alexhaj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 16:37    Post subject: eta Reply with quote
it seems the wndr 5500 will be released before this one. I thought broadcom chipset would surely mean we'd get dd ASAP...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
So when there is some official news as to the status of this, will this be the thread to watch, or will it be posted somewhere else?
--Al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 94, 95, 96  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 7 of 96
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: