reverting the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 to factory firmware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
weissfe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 20:16    Post subject: reverting the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 to factory firmware? Reply with quote
Is there a reversion method that will allow you to revert to factory Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 firmware?

I currently have DD-WRT loaded from
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/06-14-11-r17201/buffalo_wzr-hp-g300nh2/buffalo_to_ddwrt_webflash-MULTI.bin

(17201 is working ok so far except for DDNS being broken. Also, I can't select a Channel Width of 40 Mhz.)

I found a wzrg300nh_original.bin but I believe this is only for the prior version, WZR-HP-G300NH?
Sponsor
iMAK
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wanted to start a new thread for the same issue, but since this thread is asking the same question I want to ask...

I have two questions:

1. I am running the latest Buffalo's standard firmware 1.79, due to some limitations in firewall settings, I was told to upgrade the firmware to ddwrt, in case I want to revert back to the standard firmware, is it possible to do so?

2. Is my 3G modem BandLuxe C321 compatible with ddwrt firmware?

Regards,
iMAK
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
UP UP
Deepdish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same thing here. I want to revert back to Buffalo factory firmware from dd-wrt but the only file I can find is for the original version.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
You guys will have to use TFTP to flash factory firmware back. Use the instructions for the wzr-hp-g300nh, but instead use the NH2 files, the tftp procedure should be the same though.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Deepdish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
The only problem is that the router will not accept the original Professional or Friendly firmware from the CD that shipped with the unit. TFTP sends the file but comes back with "unsupported model" or something to that affect. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that they are "enc" files. I am trying to find a "bin" form of the original firmware as I think that might work. The WZR-HP-G300 V1 has such a file but can't find a factory revert file for the V2 that we have. I did this all in Ubuntu with a switch in between as I never had any luck in the Windows environment. I can TFTP Openwrt to the router but again this file is in "bin" format.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you creating a static arp entry with the generic mac of that model before attempting to TFTP the image?

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Deepdish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 16:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I am creating a static arp entry with the generic mac (02:AA:BB:CC:DD:1A) and I did successfully Tftp openwrt to the router so I know it's working but it complains of "unsupported model" when attempting to send a factory "enc" file which defies logic because it is the firmware that shipped with the unit. I do currently have Brain Slayers build of dd-wrt loaded but can't find a way to revert to factory Buffalo firmware when it won't accept the files via web gui or TFTP.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes but that generic mac is for the wzr-hp-g300nh, how are we sure that the one for the NH is the same for the NH2?

I know that one works for the G300NH because i have a G300NH and use it with no problems, regardless of the file being named with .enc or .bin, just has to be a working image because the 14998 pro build doesn't even have an extension name at all, it is simply named "wzrhpg300nh-pro-v24sp2-14998" and i can TFTP it with no problems.

Deepdish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Buddee according to the Openwrt Wiki the WZR-HP-G300NH2- "To flash the WZR-HP-G300NH2, follow the same procedure as the wzr-hp-g300h, but use 02:AA:BB:CC:DD:1A for the static arp entry." It states that the static arp entry for the WZR-HP-G300NH is "MAC address 02:aa:bb:cc:dd:20" I read somewhere that using the actual mac address of your router but plugging into the "wan" port rather than "lan" port works too. I will try that when I get home from work.
Deepdish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also I do believe the static arp I am using is working as the router seems to report to TFTP that it is an "unsupported router" which I don't think it would do if the file isn't being recognized but I could be wrong.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
From reading many posts about this matter, and research of my own this is how the generic mac listing is..

whr-hp-g300n 02:aa:bb:cc:dd:1c
wzr-hp-ag300h 02:aa:bb:cc:dd:20
wzr-hp-g300nh 02:aa:bb:cc:dd:1a

Deepdish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay thanks I will give it another go tonight and report back.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Deepdish wrote:
Okay thanks I will give it another go tonight and report back.

Also keep in mind that if you can even get the buffalo branded dd-wrt build for that unit flashed via tftp, you can flash the factory 'user friendly' firmware from within the buffalo branded dd-wrt interface. Atleast it lets from my G300NH. The buffalo branded dd-wrt build for your unit can be found here.

http://www.buffalo-asia.com/cgi-bin/support/download.cgi?country=ar&to=wzr_hp_g300nh2

Deepdish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well after playing with the router all night, no luck flashing the factory file via TFTP. The only file I can get this router to load is openwrt. I guess I will have to live with the community build of dd-wrt that I loaded after brick recovery previously. Would have been nice to go back to factory Buffalo firmware but this Version 2 is a beast to work with.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: