reverting the Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 to factory firmware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
TheLastBoyScout
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
can you attach them here seperately, in two different posts?

the OpenWRT i would just use a URL for honestly.... we just need the BIN file.
Sponsor
mazecreator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 16:21    Post subject: 18000 DD-WRT Reply with quote
Hi,

Here is my 2nd attempt. Still not working Tried as a BIN and a ZIP file. Keep getting this message:

Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions.
mazecreator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay,

I found one of those free file sites. See if this works. I have uploaded it here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/xkxbla1Z/wzr-hp-g300nh2-dd-wrt-webupgra.html
Deepdish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
mazecreator wrote:
Okay,

I found one of those free file sites. See if this works. I have uploaded it here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/xkxbla1Z/wzr-hp-g300nh2-dd-wrt-webupgra.html

I am dieing to try this when I get back to town. Has anybody tried this file to revert from the community ddwrt back to factory Buffalo? Did you have to install openwrt first?
mazecreator
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

This one will not get you back to the factory version, but it gets you back from the OpenWRT issues. You may be able to go back to the factory version afterwards, but I have not tried that yet as I want to keep DD-WRT (this is verion 18000).
Deepdish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
mazecreator wrote:
Hi,

This one will not get you back to the factory version, but it gets you back from the OpenWRT issues. You may be able to go back to the factory version afterwards, but I have not tried that yet as I want to keep DD-WRT (this is verion 18000).

Oh okay thanks for clearing that up.
tarquel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apologises if i'm being stupid here [its very likely i am] but can someone enlighten me as to whether we are saying that if you can somehow backup the firmware from your existing buffalo stock firmware, before you flash it to a community build, you will have a way back somehow?

I'm not shy around a linux prompt, but only to basic uses....

guessing some part of my knowledge is lacking here when it comes to this bit.

Current running the latest stock firmware i could find:

http://www.buffalo-asia.com/cgi-bin/support/download.cgi?country=ar&to=wzr_hp_g300nh2

but would like to try the latest community build out, as i really want to get customising it and stuff, but still trying to find a "happy place" with it.

Dont particularly want to go to a different looking open type of firmware, as DD-WRT is all i've known [at home here] for a long time, so kinda wanna stick with it, but finally try out some of the fancier things.

Not yet tried the "User Friendly" version, although perhaps that'll do all i need (i'm kinda looking at setting up a torrent client within the router, but using a share on my NAS) so if the above works better and can do it, then perhaps i'll have to switch to that.

If anyone can provide a bit more info on what precautions to take before flashing a community version so that a way back to what I had is open to me, then that would be great Smile

Many thanks and sorry for being dumb.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
So does anyone know of a way to revert back to the buffalo DD-wrt, or is it pretty much a one way trip to DD-wrt?
TheLastBoyScout
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
ryex wrote:
So does anyone know of a way to revert back to the buffalo DD-wrt, or is it pretty much a one way trip to DD-wrt?

If you got back to my earlier posts, i was able to get back to the stock buffalo firmware with no issues.

it is not for the faint of heart, but it works.
ryex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
TheLastBoyScout wrote:
ryex wrote:

If you got back to my earlier posts, i was able to get back to the stock buffalo firmware with no issues.

Would you be able to give me a step by step for idiots?
and I mean like super baby step it, make it army proof, ha!
TheLastBoyScout
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
ryex wrote:
TheLastBoyScout wrote:
ryex wrote:

Would you be able to give me a step by step for idiots?
and I mean like super baby step it, make it army proof, ha!

Don't take this the wrong way, but no. If you cant understand what is currently posted, then its most likely possible that you will mess something up and actually brick the router beyond recovery.

I would just wait for someone to piece together a working bin file that can be flashed from DD-WRT.
ryex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to unbrick my router with a little finagling, using tfchui's guide but now the router no longer accepts data from modem...
When I was trying to use Tfchui's guide I had to use a second computer to set up a local FTP server with the file, then I managed to use the commands to re-flash that particular open wrt firmware, then flashed back up to dd-wrt's current release for the nh2.

So any idea on how to make it a router again? or is it possible that I somehow fried the input?
ryex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually disregard the previous message, I managed to just get the mtd1 dump onto a flashdrive, and ran the commands from /mnt, running stock again!

Thanks for all the help guys.
sangokaz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Could someone tell, how to properly perform the return to stock firmware procedures? now i'm runing dd-wrt firmware for wzr-hp-g300nh2. What need's to be done with this mtd1.dump file or any other files in this topic? Can any body, who hawe done this, please share their experiences, and work sequence. it would be kindness from you Smile
idaniel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:56    Post subject: 28-byte header Reply with quote
cRACKmONKEY421 wrote:
Can someone please point me in the direction of some DD-WRT header information? I would like to create the 28-byte header on this to make it use DD-WRT's webflash.
Was you able to get info about how to create the 28-byte header ? If yes, please send this to me, I need to do the same thing. My email address is danieliliescu@yahoo.com.

Many thanks,
Daniel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: