WBMR-HP-G300H & WHR-HP-G300N crossflashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
cnone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:12    Post subject: WBMR-HP-G300H & WHR-HP-G300N crossflashing Reply with quote
Hello all;
Noobie question:
I've been using dd-wrt firmware on my Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H since I bought it.

Yesterday I've noticed that the Buffalo released a "professional" version for WHR-HP-G300N model. Can I use that firmware on mine since the firmware is based on dd-wrt?Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Current firmware:
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/01/13) std
(SVN revision 21153)

Want to upgrade to:
WHR-HP-G300N Professional Firmware
Ver.V24-SP2 build 19154
Sponsor
cnone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Haha Very Happy
Couldn't wait for reply and tried it Smile
That didn't work as the customized firmware for Buffalo is encrypted I think.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to revert somehow to stock firmware and then flash professional buffalo version Very Happy

Search about dd-wrt_webrevert and try with revert file first[/list]
cnone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
TendaW311R+ wrote:
You need to revert somehow to stock firmware and then flash professional buffalo version Very Happy

So you are saying this is possible if I can "somehow" revert to stock. Then the crossflash? Very Happy
And for the switch, are those working gigabit after flashing to pro firmware for WHR-HP-G300N?

Thank you mate Smile
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
cnone wrote:
TendaW311R+ wrote:

So you are saying this is possible if I can "somehow" revert to stock. Then the crossflash? Very Happy
And for the switch, are those working gigabit after flashing to pro firmware for WHR-HP-G300N?

Thank you mate Smile

Yes, that is what I said. Read about tftp server and flash fresh buffalo image. Very rarely is possible to flash stock over dd-wrt because dd-wrt web gui uses checksum before flashing so it accepts webrevert file(special checksum), not random one.

I don't know about buffalo firmware and switch speed, sorry. I can help you with reverting and flashing buffalo firmware, not more because I am not familiar with buffalo routers Smile

this seems useful: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70399&sid=d3e39eb2aa590b7343b3d0cfdb244837

all you need: https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=481964&sid=719ce25a38c40876c2a4b9ac4f365fc4
cnone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
TendaW311R+ wrote:
cnone wrote:
TendaW311R+ wrote:

Thank you mate Smile

Yes, that is what I said. Read about tftp server and flash fresh buffalo image. Very rarely is possible to flash stock over dd-wrt because dd-wrt web gui uses checksum before flashing so it accepts webrevert file(special checksum), not random one.

I don't know about buffalo firmware and switch speed, sorry. I can help you with reverting and flashing buffalo firmware, not more because I am not familiar with buffalo routers Smile

this seems useful: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70399&sid=d3e39eb2aa590b7343b3d0cfdb244837

Thank you,
I think there is a misunderstanding. I have WBMR-HP-G300H not WHR-HP-G300N. I want to interchange the WHR-HP-G300N's originla dd-wrt firmware. And which I learned so far it is not possible to revert the WBMR-HP-G300H' dd-wrt to stock firmware which is not dd-wrt. If these methods may work I will definitely try.
Thanks again mate Smile
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, I don;t understand at first time. Are you sure you can flash another firmware file on different buffalo device. If the professional firmware is not for your router(it is for another model) please don't flash it
cnone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
TendaW311R+ wrote:
Sorry, I don;t understand at first time. Are you sure you can flash another firmware file on different buffalo device. If the professional firmware is not for your router(it is for another model) please don't flash it

Yeah that's the main point of my post Very Happy I wonder if it is possible since the profirmware is a dd-wrt build for Buffalo routers.
Thanks anyway Wink
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
cnone wrote:
TendaW311R+ wrote:

Yeah that's the main point of my post Very Happy I wonder if it is possible since the profirmware is a dd-wrt build for Buffalo routers.
Thanks anyway Wink

As I said don't flash firmware which is not for your router unless you want to trash it. If your router is not gigabit then no way to do it whatever firmware you use bacause the hardware is unsupported with this performance.

No problem! Glad to help you, dude Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: