Actiontec MI424WR Rev D fails to connect to ISP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
blu28
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 16:16    Post subject: Actiontec MI424WR Rev D fails to connect to ISP Reply with quote
I have an Actiontec MI424WR Rev D, and I was able to flash it and install DD-WRT V24-sp2 build 14896 following the instructions in the Wiki for the Rev D version.

When I hooked it up, it failed to obtain a WAN address from my ISP. I disconnected it and connected it to a separate LAN via the WAN port and used Wireshark to see what was being sent. When I rebooted, the only packets it sent out the WAN port were gratuitous ARP packets for IP address 192.168.1.1. There were no DHCP packets at all.

From the ARP packets and lack of DHCP packets, it would appear that the router thinks that the WAN port is part of the LAN network. I followed the directions and set the WAN port to ixp1 from ixp0 when I installed the router software; perhaps I should have left it at ixp0? I tried to set it back to ixp0, but when I rebooted the router it went back to ixp1. I logged on to the router via telnet, but there are a whole bunch of interfaces listed there, and I don't know how to change the router configuration from the command line anyway.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I should proceed?
Sponsor
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
upgrade 1st. and recheck
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 20:30    Post subject: Upgrade to what? Reply with quote
When I look at the instructions for this platform, it specifies this version. What can I upgrade to and how?
alwaysflooded
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:54    Post subject: same problem here blu28 Reply with quote
pretty much exactly. MI424-WR Rev. D loaded with the latest (i think the latest posted?) build 14896. also switched the WAN to ixp1 as instructed.

when you click the release/refresh button, it sends nothing dhcp related out the WAN port (or any port). switching back to ixp0 doesn't do anything desirable either.

something i noted: i assume youre using udchpc as the dhcp client the wan should be using? well that points to "/sbin/rc", whatever that is. is this correct?

mostly want to know, is this problem known and/or recognized by you guys?

i know you guys are busy and all so its cool if you can't find time to reproduce it. i have another 3 party rom that i know works and can dump it on here for the time being.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: