Newbie seeking advice on proper E3000 build to flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Dooms87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 22:54    Post subject: Newbie seeking advice on proper E3000 build to flash Reply with quote
Hi all! This is my first time flashing customer firmware on a router. I read the wiki for the E3000 but i'm really confused as to what build is best for my needs after the trail build. So i guess i'll explain my basic setup and what i'm trying to do and hopefully i'll get the input i need

I've been using my E3000 to extend my wifi range in my house via a Powerline Adapter. My main Router is my optimum provided Sagecom 3965 and it's range doesn't reach my basement and various parts of my second floor. My house is 3 floors. Reason i want to try DD-WRT is that the E3000 is always randomly loosing its connection or some random issue that requires a reboot to fix and its annoying as hell. After a bunch of reading and a few suggestions from reddit i was directed to this site to see if DD-WRT firmware will provide me a more stable experience.

Is the Trail build good enough to stay on ? Do other builds provide better stability ? i'm not really sure about all these features for VPN/SSL and such i'm not sure if i need all that ? my ISP speed is 50/25 which i get pretty damn close too when the E3000 feels like working correctly.Again Sorry for the long winded post but i'm a novice to all this and would really appreciate any input
Sponsor
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
basically if you used the search button you would've found an answer. somebody asks same question every week about the E3000.

after the trailed build, you can flash this:

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2013/05-27-2013-r21676/broadcom_K3X-EXPERIMENTAL/dd-wrt.v24-21676_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e3000.bin

k3x with usb support, using this on my e3000 and about 10 wireless clients are connected, no issues.
Dooms87
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did use the search button but none of those threads provided a single answer multiple people offered multiple options with many features i wasn't sure if i really needed. You gave me 1 answer and a build which is what i was looking for again i apologize for a repeat question but i was simply looking for some guidance. I can read threads till my eyes bleed much of this is like Chinese to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: