Client Bridge: DD-WRT Buffalo WHR-G125; Stock Linksys E1000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
halberdier25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 0:45    Post subject: Client Bridge: DD-WRT Buffalo WHR-G125; Stock Linksys E1000 Reply with quote
After making many attempts with what feels like identical sets of instructions to set up a client/client bridge/WDS on my DD-WRT router. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

http://imgur.com/a/N05Br#0

I have screencaps of the following:
  • Host
    • Basic Setup
    • Basic Wireless
    • Wireless Security (yes, the passphrases match)
    • Firewall
    • Router Status
  • Client
    • System Info (have no idea how my roommate's "Christina-PC" connected to it; my computer is named "Galt")
    • Basic Setup
    • Basic Wireless
    • Wireless Security
    • Advanced Routing
    • Firewall

The end-goal here is to get my XBox 360 to work on it, but when I plug my computer into it I mightget access to the network, but never to the internet. I have searched the forums and tried whatever sounded like it would work. I apologize if it's something incredibly basic.

Info:
  • Client router: Buffalo WHR-G125
  • DD-WRT v24-sp2
  • Host router: Linksys E1000
  • Host firmware version: v.1.0.00 b018

Thank you so much.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:08    Post subject: Re: Client Bridge: DD-WRT Buffalo WHR-G125; Stock Linksys E1 Reply with quote
halberdier25 wrote:
After making many attempts with what feels like identical sets of instructions to set up a client/client bridge/WDS on my DD-WRT router.

Client, client bridge, and WDS are all very different. Pick the one you want to use, and follow the instructions in the wiki:linking routers for that mode. You look like you are trying to set up a client bridge with client instructions. And perhaps not hitting apply? Not sure. Just follow the instructions for ONE of the modes of connecting.

Also, as always, Read the Peacock Announcement.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
halberdier25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
All those settings are for Client Bridge. I have followed several different sets of instructions for Client Bridge and that's what I took screencaps with. I apologize for the confusion.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have reviewed your screen shots again. Everything looks right EXCEPT, there is no way you can have the option of DHCP server on the basic settings page if you hit apply.

If you did hit apply, and now check and see that the basic settings page has changed, remove all encryption and give it five minutes and see if it works.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
halberdier25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
SHE LIVES!

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I take it then, you just hadn't hit "apply"?
halberdier25
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: