WRT54G: Random wireless drops and dd-wrt GUI breaks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hansoffate
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:03    Post subject: WRT54G: Random wireless drops and dd-wrt GUI breaks? Reply with quote
I recently flashed my WRT54G to dd-wrt.v24-12548_NEWD_micro (Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) micro) following the WRT54G tutorial. Everything has been working fine for the past 2 months. However, for the past few days, my wireless has been dropping and I have been unable to reconnect to it. I can still see the SID being broadcast I just get a timeout when trying to connect. However, the wired internet connection through the router still works fine. If I try connecting to the router's GUI to try to reset the settings, it does not load either. The only way to fix this problem is to unplug the router for about 2 minutes. It'll then work for the next 1-8 hours before this occurs again.

Any suggestions?

Bests,
-Hans
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Do a hard reset and reconfigure. Also check your computer settings. 12548 is a rock solid build. I suspect that if the hard reset doesn't fix things and nothing is wrong with your computer, that you are having some sort of hardware failure.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: