(Project) Modding WRT54G V7 for appropriate dd-wrt platform

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
BlackBirdzzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:48    Post subject: (Project) Modding WRT54G V7 for appropriate dd-wrt platform Reply with quote
This maybe a little insane, i got 8 (or even more) different versions WRT54G here for making a DD-WRT tower Razz, but the V7 is a Atheros based unit with weird switch combo, so even cross-flashing Fonera's build will be a no-go

currently i have :

2 WRT54G V7
appropriate 4/8MB SPI Flash chips for upgrading the 2M on board
Loads of 16M/32M Ram bare chips for the ram upgrade
better capacitors for the crappy on board

of course, some soldering skills:oops:

so it will meet the requirements of a 4M Flash / 16(32)M Ram requirements of dd-wrt

but what should i prepare for the JTAG and the build? i googled some topics and the JTAG for this unit is a little bit weird Question

last, sorry for my bad english, but if Sash and Brainslayer can give me some guides will be very welcome Very Happy

Last edited by BlackBirdzzz on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:27; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
monty_burns_007
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:29    Post subject: impossible ? Reply with quote
interesting project but i doubt it will be possible to install dd-wrt on the V7 WRT54G Crying or Very sad

I have one myself and thought it could be upgraded ith dd-wrt until i saw the firmware/hardware version number.

Besides the other chipset (atheros), i think it has less memory than the other WRT54G's.

monty Cool
BlackBirdzzz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:50    Post subject: Re: impossible ? Reply with quote
monty_burns_007 wrote:
interesting project but i doubt it will be possible to install dd-wrt on the V7 WRT54G Crying or Very sad

I have one myself and thought it could be upgraded ith dd-wrt until i saw the firmware/hardware version number.

Besides the other chipset (atheros), i think it has less memory than the other WRT54G's.

monty Cool

the memory and the flash(hardware) can be simply swapped if you have the right tools and chips(not an issue for me, plenty on desk), but seems the biggest problem is the rare switch chip combo(ADM6996L) makes it differ from fonera/tplink's unit so cross-flashing will not be possible

and i must admit that i am a noob on console and compiling builds Embarassed

Clyde
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
this "project" is not worth think even one sec about it...buy cheap and good other hw
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
this "project" is not worth think even one sec about it...buy cheap and good other hw

just itchy fingers Embarassed
, i already have a WZR-HP-AG300H(@18777) for my performance needs, but WRT54G are fun to play and mod with (except V7), also it can put on the tower of WRT54G Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: