Netgear WNDR3700 - 18024 No 5 gighz?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
numus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 21:26    Post subject: Netgear WNDR3700 - 18024 No 5 gighz? Reply with quote
Running my WNDR3700 on 18024 and apparently the 5gighz isn't be transmitted? All the settings look correct but my phone only sees the 2.4gighz signal (have used the 5gighz on my phone at a friends place).
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you ever consider that your phone may not have a 5Ghz wireless adapter in it? What kind of phone do you have, and yes i read your post, something about 'it had it at my friends house'. I know none of mine have a 5Ghz adapter in it.. and i know of no phone that does yet..

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
numus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Did you ever consider that your phone may not have a 5Ghz wireless adapter in it? What kind of phone do you have, and yes i read your post, something about 'it had it at my friends house'. I know none of mine have a 5Ghz adapter in it.. and i know of no phone that does yet..

http://www.broadcom.com/products/Wireless-LAN/802.11-Wireless-LAN-Solutions/BCM4330
All Samsung Galaxy S II phones have this chipset.. and yes.. it 100% has 5 gighz wifi.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have read that 18024 has been problematic for the WNDR3700 both v1 and 2, you may try roll back to 17201 and re-try.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
numus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wireless
Interface
RadioRadio is On
ModeAP
NetworkN-Only (5 GHz)
SSID Numus Wireless5
Channel48 (5240 MHz)
TX Power17 dBm
Rate300 Mb/s

Shouldn't that be around 24 dBm ?!?!? I have it set to 30 max with 4 dBi on the antenna (should be around 3.9)

Also

Wireless
Interface
RadioRadio is On
ModeAP
NetworkNG-Mixed
SSID Numus Wireless
Channel9 (2452 MHz)
TX Power27 dBm
Rate300 Mb/s

Why is that reading 27 dBm when i have Turbo (40 mhz) set?!?! Shouldn't it read 22 dBm at 40 and 27 dBm at 20 mhz?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
And this has what to do with the original post???

numus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
And this has what to do with the original post???

The decreased power to the 5ghz radio would be why I cant see the signal....
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 17:29    Post subject: Re: Netgear WNDR3700 - 18024 No 5 gighz? Reply with quote
numus wrote:
Running my WNDR3700 on 18024 and apparently the 5gighz isn't be transmitted? All the settings look correct but my phone only sees the 2.4gighz signal (have used the 5gighz on my phone at a friends place).

This statement lead me to believe the 5Ghz radio wasn't working...

So it is in fact working, you are just trying to use it to far away from the AP? 5Ghz by design isn't powerful and doesn't have any real range, and dd-wrt will do the max rate of the hardware.. So it sounds more like to me that you need to get closer to the AP.

numus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 18:41    Post subject: Re: Netgear WNDR3700 - 18024 No 5 gighz? Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
numus wrote:

This statement lead me to believe the 5Ghz radio wasn't working...

So it is in fact working, you are just trying to use it to far away from the AP? 5Ghz by design isn't powerful and doesn
't have any real range, and dd-wrt will do the max rate of the hardware.. So it sounds more like to me that you need to get closer to the AP.

This is outputted by the router sys info
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: