WRT54G's WDS node stopped working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ClickClickBoom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 22:55    Post subject: WRT54G's WDS node stopped working Reply with quote
I created a WDS network a couple of years ago Utilizing 2 WRT54g's. DD-WRT firmware:

DD-WRT v24 (05/20/0Cool std
(SVN revision 9517M Eko)

They have been working fine with no issues. Yesterday it seems that my node no longer connects to the internet (internet light is not light on the router) I essentially just use this node as a network extender, and plug my xbox 360 into it to convert to wireless.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this, or what could have happened? I have powercycled both routers, and my modem to no effect. Main router shows the node connected, and I can Access the admin page of both routers.

Ideas? more info needed?
Sponsor
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you do a site survey to see if there is a new source of interference ?
http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
ClickClickBoom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Couple of updates

1. I flashed a wrt54gs I had laying around, and configured it for WDS as the 2nd node.

No change.

2. I noticed there were 4 other networks in range also on channel 6, so I changed both nodes to channel 10

No Change.

Both Nodes see each other, and have signal strength.

Internet light on 1st node is lit, is not on 2nd (Can someone confirm it should be?)

Puzzled.
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like hardware failure. Reset #2 to defaults and make sure it functions as a basic wireless router.
http://69.175.13.131:8015 Streaming Week-End Disco. Station Ripper V 1.1 will do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: