Second Router WiFi not broadcasting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
brotakul
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 22:06    Post subject: Second Router WiFi not broadcasting Reply with quote
Hi guys,
After much reading on the topic, i started working on a little project, expanding my home wireless network.
I currently use a TP-Link TL-WR841ND as my primary router, connecting wireless and wired clients (phones, laptops - on WiFi, the TV and media player - by wire). This router (AP1) is configured as 802.11 N only, for speed transfer purposes.
The second router (AP2), my old Asus WL520GC is connected on WAN port to the first router on the LAN port, so AP1 is acting as ISP to AP2. AP1 is only 802.11 G capable.

AP1: 192.168.0.1, configured as Access Point, running stock firmware.
AP2: 192.168.0.2, gateway to 192.168.0.1 (AP1), running DD-WRT, configured as client. It should broadcast it's own SSID. The two routers are installed side by side. The wireless coverage is not an issue.
The only reason i want to install AP2 is to create a separate wireless access point for guests and also it should offer internet access to older clients on 802.11 G protocol.

On LAN ports, the AP2 has internet access, everything works great, i can even connect to clients connected to AP1. This is great, because i can connect (by wire) a laptop to AP2 (Ap1 has all ports used) with an external HDD and run it as file storage accessible to the entire network, at least until i get a proper NAS.

The issue is with WiFi access, as AP2 does not broadcast it's SSID so it is not accessible by wireless. In Status menu, the radio is ON.
AP2 is working properly hardware wise, if it's configured alone in the network, but WiFi is not working when configured as secondary as mentioned above.

Any ideas?

network diagram.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.9 KB
 Viewed:  2435 Time(s)

network diagram.PNG

Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Connect your routers lan to lan. Otherwise use a different sub-net on ap2

Can you blind connection to the appropriate that is not broadcasting?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: