Where is the latest official E4200 thread!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 16:37    Post subject: Where is the latest official E4200 thread!? Reply with quote
Hi,
I've just bought an E4200 and I've just installed dd-wrt.
I see there is an official thread here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86316&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=690 but it is locked!
Where is the actual official one?
I'd like to troubleshoot a problem with wol: ip neigh command seems not "accepted"...
---edit---
Edited up here, problem with WiFi is just solved.
Sponsor
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 17:31    Post subject: Re: Where is the latest official E4200 thread!? Reply with quote
ErMeglio wrote:
Hi,
I see there is an official thread here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86316&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=690 but it is locked!
I'd like to troubleshoot a problem with wol: ip neigh command seems not "accepted"...
---edit---

Do you know if you purchased and E4200 Version 1 or Version 2.. I am curious on chipset for new E4200 V2.

-Fractal
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just read about the v2 and I'm already quite angry because seems v2 offers real 3x3mimo on both interfaces. I would like to understand if I'm having a v2, even if I'm quite sure it's not....how to do it!?
Dd-wrt indicates 300+450 mbps, so I think it's a v1...
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
ErMeglio wrote:
I've just read about the v2 and I'm already quite angry because seems v2 offers real 3x3mimo on both interfaces. I would like to understand if I'm having a v2, even if I'm quite sure it's not....how to do it!?

Considering that the v2 doesn't even have dd-wrt support yet, you have a v1.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
ErMeglio wrote:

Considering that the v2 doesn't even have dd-wrt support yet, you have a v1.

Well, in fact, fortunately, I'd say Very Happy
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 18:34    Post subject: Re: Where is the latest official E4200 thread!? Reply with quote
Fractal wrote:
ErMeglio wrote:
Hi,
---edit---

Do you know if you purchased and E4200 Version 1 or Version 2.. I am curious on chipset for new E4200 V2.

-Fractal

Yes i am curious as well, but being that any useful info is on hold by the FCC till Jan 2012, we may not know until next year, or unless someone gets a v2 and opens it up to examine.

If i had to make any kind of guess at it, i would 'guess' that its very well related to the netgear 4500, but there is no tellin.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, well, I'm trying any other WiFi settings and I can't understand how I can't seem to get 300mbps with an Intel 5100 AGN card and why a 2.4ghz smartphone seems to like the 5ghz radio the most, and all the speeds become baad Confused
How should I set 1st and 2nd interfaces? I've given them the same name and protection (wpa2 aes). But what about modes, frame burst =on on both, afterburner(s)=off(2.4ghz) and auto(5ghz), channels and widths?
I used to use "auto" everywhere but doing so all my devices are capped at 54mbps. And I'm sooo confused because it seems like the 2nd 5ghz radio can do 2.4 too Confused
I would like my smartphone to use the 2.4ghz only radio and go @64/72 as it does with the 5ghz one, and the pc use the 2+5ghz radio at 5 only. Instead it doesn't see it as a 5 network if I don't set it at 5 only on dd-wrt. I also set a preference on 5ghz in the Intel 5100 settings but there's no way to go @5ghz even setting NA only in dd-wrt. It does 2.4, slowly (48/54) while it should get 300mbps anyway.

In short, what's the best settings having a 802.11n 2.4ghz (max 72mbps) and a 802.11agn 2+5ghz card (max 300mbps)?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
An easy work-around for this would be to set the SSID's on the radios different, give each a unique SSID and then whichever device you want to connect to what, do so. Then config your device to always (preferably) connect to that SSID.

ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've tried that too, and it avoids the smartphone to connect to the 5 radio.
But I still get max 120mbps with the Intel 5100agn card anyway I set it, sometimes I see 300mbps for a bunch of seconds just after connection but it's not maintained at all.
I've just reverted to "mixed" everywhere and I now see something weird:
1.smartphone connected to wl1(2+5ghz) radio at 72mbps @ 2.4ghz
2.intel 5100agn connected to wl1(2+5ghz) radio at 121mbps
DD-wrt shows max 54mbps for wl1 and max 52mbps for the wl0 radio!?
Nothing matches so...where's the truth!? Is it some sort of bug of dd-wrt?
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
And your channel width is set on 40Mhz? Also its best to set your channels manually, and not let it auto, refer to the Wireless N Conf link in my sig for more info.

ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's exactly the wiki I was reading again and again Smile
Well, I tried doing this way:
wl0: all auto, smartphone connected at 72mbps. It's ok, status page reports right speed too.
wl1:N Only 5ghz, channel 132 ( I see 162 is the recommended one but not permitted in EU as far as I understood), 40mhz, lower control channel.
Here we are, Intel 5100 AGN is connected at 300Mbps, but keeps sending packets and receiving nothing. DD-wrt page still shows max 450mbps and that mac as connected. But I still have 0 packets received. I was trying the transfer of large files from/to that pc from wired sources and I couldn't go after 9-10MB/s before, when it indicated 100/160mbps.
---edit---
It was a "lock" of the network card itself, because after having rebooted the router the situation was the same, after having disabled and re enabled the network card of the notebook it reconnected and exchanged data, again at 80/160Mbps max... Confused
I have just updated its drivers to the latest Intel release so I am still excluding it as the culprit of the slowness!
I still see sometimes it goes to 300Mbps but network usage goes to 0% (no data exchanged) so there must be something else, because it seems to try to use them all but just can't for other reasons...
---edit1---
I've tried every settings for both the router and the network card seen here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=145519&highlight=intel+5100 where users got 300Mbps.
I am still not getting them, max 160Mbps. Perhaps it's a bug of the dd-wrt version I'm using DD-WRT v24-sp2 (11/29/11) mega - build 17949.
---edit2---
Seems stupid, I am doing tests from within a room just 4-5m away from the router, signal is "Excellent" and there is open space between the notebook and the router. Going far the router doesn't help (max 160Mbps) but going 2-3m away from it let me reach 220/240Mbps. Is this normal, 2m in LOS almost doubles the rate?
Fractal
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:39    Post subject: Re: Where is the latest official E4200 thread!? Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
Fractal wrote:
ErMeglio wrote:
Hi,
---edit---

-Fractal

Yes i am curious as well, but being that any useful info is on hold by the FCC till Jan 2012, we may not know until next year, or unless someone gets a v2 and opens it up to examine.

If i had to make any kind of guess at it, i would 'guess' that its very well related to the netgear 4500, but there is no tellin.

Well the good news is one is on its way from amazon, should be here monday (overnight) and I will have internal photos and chip info

-Fractal
kathyzjim
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 18:39    Post subject: E4200 Reply with quote
Difference between E4200 v1 and v2 is, v2 is N900 compliant, and the data rate on both channels is increased to 450.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 21:00    Post subject: Re: E4200 Reply with quote
kathyzjim wrote:
Difference between E4200 v1 and v2 is, v2 is N900 compliant, and the data rate on both channels is increased to 450.

Yes we already know that because of the specs on the ads for the unit, we are more interested in the chipset, whether its broadcom or Atheros or what.

ErMeglio
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 21:28    Post subject: Re: E4200 Reply with quote
kathyzjim wrote:
v2 is N900 compliant

What is this?
I only find the Nokia's smartphone on the web Confused
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: