New official dd-wrt build - 17990 is out (EKO and BS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
kt_haddock
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 16:47    Post subject: New official dd-wrt build - 17990 is out (EKO and BS) Reply with quote
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24-K26/svn17990/
ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/V24_TNG/svn17990/

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2011/12-09-11-r17990/

This build thread is for reporting successes and problem with loading this experimental test build. This is important info for developers and users. Always state your hardware and specific build. Do not ask questions about your specific router or how to configure it in this thread; create your own thread to discuss any specific problems you have or need resolved. This thread is to report info, not to seek it. Posts that do not add to understanding this build will be deleted. Make sure you know how to flash properly and the risk before using this build. It is important to adhere to these requirements, to keep this thread from becoming impossibly long and useless. If you don't know what build to flash and how to flash properly, do NOT flash this experimental test build.

Last edited by kt_haddock on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:38; edited 5 times in total
Sponsor
xcoldbloodfest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 20:59    Post subject: WRT610N V2 Reply with quote
Upgraded without a hitch, first i flashed the big, then the mega. i must say this feels like one of the more stable builds ive played around with, so far scheduled reboot works, wireless and security works, connected to my repeater bridge just fine and mac filtering works too! the one thing i did notice is the new "Block WAN SNMP access", cant say my isp will like it, but i sure do!

awesome build.
Moshe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded wirelessly, Asus RT-N12, using the .trx version renamed to .bin

Behaving well as the primary router. Still trying to get it to work as a repeater on a second unit.

MOD EDIT: For those reading this, this is an improper way to upgrade both in method and file used.

Edit: I appreciate the moderators intent. Upgrading wirelessly is unapproved, and perilous. (But the router is next door). Don't act foolishly.
As to the file, I don't see a RT-N12 designated file suitable for upgrade. I could use a generic .bin file, but renaming .trx to .bin should not be considered improper, as the suffix does not influence the content of the file, just the way it is recognized. I apologize for offending sensibilities.

No apology necessary. Just don't want people following this example and bricking their routers. Trailed builds for upgrading. See the peacock announcement.

Last edited by Moshe on Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:19; edited 1 time in total
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 23:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I upgraded my WRT300n with Newd_Mini functioning as a Repeater Bridge, and it seems to be working well.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed a K24_std_nokiad build to my TM with an SD mod (my TM is my favorite router!).

I posted in the BS 17967 build thread that I was having a problem with the sd card. That has been resolved thanks to a tip by Dark_Shadow. Now optware, mypage, & bwmon are working.

I have nothing negative to report except for one minor mostly cosmetic issue.. (even vwiz is working!)

The small issue I am seeing is that in the admin, management tab, the total/free size of the sd card, the free shows just a "-" (no quotes).

Not a big deal... but we are trying to make the build(s) "perfect" right?

My RT-N16 with a usb drive is next. That will get a K26_std_usb_nas build.

Great work Dev's.. I really like the nvram status feature.. That beez a winna Smile

EDIT: There was some discussion about SSH not working in the BS build thread as well as in TRAC. SSH worked right away on this build. It may be that I didn't give it long enough to build the key after enabling ssh when I flashed BS's build yesterday. Comments in TRAC stated the SSH worked in BS's build.

mmc_3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.3 KB
 Viewed:  33083 Time(s)

mmc_3.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
The mega-nv60k version of this build installed perfectly on my E4200 after a 30-30-30 reset. I have not noticed any issues so far. I still need to configure a VAP on a separate subnet. Only time will tell, overall seems very stable! The most solid build I've used yet on this router. =)
jass0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashing big fails on WNR3500Lv2 (due to size?) whereas earlier it fit?
wrt310nv2 user
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed dd-wrt.v24-17967_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt310nv2.bin on my of course wrt310n v2 and its been up well since yesterday. Very Happy
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
jass0 wrote:
Flashing big fails on WNR3500Lv2 (due to size?) whereas earlier it fit?

LOM wrote:

Max size for WNR3500L is 7,667,456 bytes (= 7487 KB) due to Netgears size limiting checksums.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, Testing WDS with 1 router en 3 wds clients, so far no problems with wireless disconnects.

Smile

1 E3000 AND 1 E2000 WPA2 AES
DD-WRT v3.0-r31277
JanezFord
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 13:43    Post subject: Asus WL 500gP v1 flash OK Reply with quote
Successfully flashed Asus WL 500gP v1 with 17990 Eko NEWD Big build. Flashing over web interface took longer than 300 s countdown timer (maybe even 500 s). No problems so far.
daveM
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
seems like a winner, after a week i think we can recommend this to clients
counterfeit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
i use this on my e4200 as a client bridge to my pc and ps3. after upgrading to 17990 it seemed noticeably slower/worse at finding matches via PSN... then i got a dropped connection in the middle of play so i went back to 17967. if no one seems to be having issues with this build maybe i'll give it another shot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
counterfeit wrote:
i use this on my e4200 as a client bridge to my pc and ps3. after upgrading it seemed noticeably slower/worse at finding matches via PSN... then i got a dropped connection on my PS3 using 17990 so i went back to 17697. if no one seems to be having issues with this build maybe i'll give it another shot

My testing shows no problems at all excluding the minor cosmetic issue (K24_std_nokiad). I have flashed but not tested K26 on my RT yet.
Given you are reporting what you feel is a problem I need to ask if you reset your router to defaults and reconfigured after flashing (by hand).

And.. are you sure it was not a problem with the ps3 network (busy, lots of traffic, etc.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm testing both releases on WRT160N v3,
but i can't connect to a vpn server anymore.
How do i can debug it?

It seems to be some problem with pptp client.

19290 root 656 S pptp xx.xx.xx.xx file /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn
19291 root 656 S pptp xx.xx.xx.xx file /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn
19293 root 656 S {pptpcm} pptp xx.xx.xx.xx file /tmp/pptpd_client/options.vpn

here file options.vpn

#debug stuff
logfd2
debug
dump
#
defaultroute
lock
noauth
nodetach
refuse-eap
#refuse-pap
#refuse-chap
#refuse-mschap
nobsdcomp
nodeflate
#mppe required,stateless #,no40,no56
mppc
lcp-echo-failure 30
lcp-echo-interval 2
persist
usepeerdns
idle 0
ip-up-script /tmp/pptpd_client/ip-up
ip-down-script /tmp/pptpd_client/ip-down
ipparam kelokepptpd
mppe required,no40,no56,stateful
mtu 1450
mru 1450
name xxxxxxx
password xxxxxxxxxx

root@WRT160N:/tmp/pptpd_client# ./vpn go
Waiting.......
Removing PID file
PID file created
Attempting initial connect
Initial connection dropped
Attempting connect...
Connection dropped...
Attempting connect...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: