TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Maybe I am the first one who runs dd-wrt on its tp-link tl-wr740n v4. It is running quite smoothly. DD-WRT team have just one small thing to fix and this is that LEDs for wan and lan ports are always off and do not blink or get on regardless of the fact there is some ethernet connection to the respective port. I did svn checkout of 18729 and got it running. I am not going to give it to anyone so compile it alone if you can or don't ask, we all must wait for something official to be released by developer team.

Interesting. Can you point me to instructions of how to compile DD-WRT? I have done compiling of openwrt and optware but never dd-wrt. Thanks.
Sponsor
than33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Is it possible that You can send me this working firmware without working leds? I have very important installation tomorrow and I really need this firmware. Additionally this router will be locked in shelf so nobody will ever watch those leds.

PLEASE!
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
than33 wrote:
Is it possible that You can send me this working firmware without working leds? I have very important installation tomorrow and I really need this firmware. Additionally this router will be locked in shelf so nobody will ever watch those leds.

PLEASE!

No. Whatever one compiles is for themselves. It may have compilation bugs or problems. It may be luck that I managed to run it at all. Debricking this device is a hard task and not as easy as it was to debrick v1/2/3. You may wait until official proven build appears.
dabyd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Maybe I am the first one who runs dd-wrt on its tp-link tl-wr740n v4. It is running quite smoothly. DD-WRT team have just one small thing to fix and this is that LEDs for wan and lan ports are always off and do not blink or get on regardless of the fact there is some ethernet connection to the respective port. I did svn checkout of 18729 and got it running. I am not going to give it to anyone so compile it alone if you can or don't ask, we all must wait for something official to be released by developer team.

Hi, for me debricking is easy, just connect the serial port and the ethernet for sending the original firmware over TFTP, I have done it a few in my testings.
So I won't have any problem if it get bricked, please can you send me the compiled FW?
than33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:

No. Whatever one compiles is for themselves. It may have compilation bugs or problems. It may be luck that I managed to run it at all. Debricking this device is a hard task and not as easy as it was to debrick v1/2/3. You may wait until official proven build appears.

Ok. I understand your stance. However I will have to make my work twice which means a lot of money for me and I can risk bricking this device.

But I understand. No, means no.
aceror
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:20    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4 Reply with quote
Hi All!

Checho:
Next time you dont gonna share your experience, please dont said anything to the rest, ´cost we dont wanna know it.
Another think is that your are the 6 person and not the first installing the 740N v4. Anyway you have to understand that many people are waiting for the final .bin and what you've done is create an embarrassment to the community for those of us here share knowledge without expecting anything in return, just do it for passion, please if you do not want to share your knowledge, we dont want to know your intentions, and of course I will put the knowledge of what happened here to the administrator to take the appropriate measures, we do not want people like you, create discord and problems in the forums.
aceror
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:38    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4 Reply with quote
Leds soved!
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/changeset/18743
aceror
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:45    Post subject: TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4 Reply with quote
For those who wanna try to make a own .bin

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Development#Building_DD-WRT_from_Source

If you wanna learn!!!
than33
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
One qustion: How do You think when it is expected to have working build?
dabyd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also this:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28348
Btw, it's for 2.4 kernel, but I'm gonna try it anyway.
Right now I'm installing Windows 7 x64 on second partition, to be able to run debian x64 on virtual box, as the toolchains available are 64-bit only.

aceror wrote:

Checho:
Next time you don't gonna share your experience, please don't say anything to the rest, cos we don't want know it.
Another thinking is that your are the 6 person and not the first installing the 740N v4. Anyway you have to understand that many people are waiting for the final .bin and what you've done is create an embarrassment to the community for those of us here share knowledge without expecting anything in return, just do it for passion, please if you do not want to share your knowledge, we dont want to know your intentions, and of course I will put the knowledge of what happened here to the administrator to take the appropriate measures, we do not want people like you, create discord and problems in the forums.

*edit*
Ok, I partially understand the reasons of checho below:
But any way is easy to recover using the serial port!
I made a step by step guide here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=668847#668847

I tried to put it in the Wiki but I couln't create an user. If somebody with access to wiki does it i would be nice for the community Razz

Last edited by dabyd64 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 14:02; edited 4 times in total
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
aceror: My intention was not to make embarrassment or anybody angry. I am sorry if you think this way.

I wanted to confirm that we would have official release for this device in the next official build. How would you be sure if BS will release a firmware for that router if nobody confirms that support starts since some internal SVN revision? Even I have reverted the factory firmware after confirming what did work and what didn't. I am not sure about my building skills and it was luck it succeeded. How can I share something where I am not sure even in my own work? Do you want to see my build eventually full of bugs spread all over google and everybody offending DD-WRT if something goes wrong? Do you know how difficult is to access the serial console if bricked? The fact I was impatient to try and decided to take some risk does not mean I should put everyone's devices at risk also. That is not for getting you angry but for saving you from risks instead.
checho
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Enjoy something official
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-08-12-r18740/tplink_tl-wr740nv4/factory-to-ddwrt.bin
dabyd64
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great work everybody!! trying now Razz
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Note:

Brainslayer has done some fixes for the LEDs today and they are not included in the released build.
Please don't pollute the bug tracker with reports of non-working or faulty functioning LEDs!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
checho wrote:
Enjoy something official
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-08-12-r18740/tplink_tl-wr740nv4/factory-to-ddwrt.bin

Can anybody confirm that this works properly except LEDs?

Can I flash it through webUI?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: