TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
gvego
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 19:15    Post subject: Re: which files used to revert ? Reply with quote
eddyi wrote:
hi mitza , can i ask you which file you used to revert back to stock firmware from ip6.ro version of openwrt

I used factory-to-ddwrt.bin to go from OpenWRT to DD-Wrt, and then webrevert to go to stock:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=235

Since this Romanian firmware is based on OpenWRT, it should be the same...
Sponsor
Sowee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guys, this router has a repeater mode, doesn't it? If so, why isn't it shown on the wireless configuration?
Edit: Nevermind, just saw the pinned, quite confusing tho.
lethalfang
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
mitza97 wrote:
vingrau wrote:
Hi everybody,

I've bought this unit WR740N V4.2 today with the intention to use it as a repeater. I read through 36 pages of this thread but could not decide which version of DD-WRT I should use. Is it the latest version build 20675 or the build 19519 that has a lot of positive feedback here?

Thank you very much and have a good day!

I would suggest you to try OpenWRT or the latest stock released build 130104. Wink

Do I have to go back to the factory firmware before going to OpenWRT?
lethalfang
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
lethalfang wrote:
mitza97 wrote:
vingrau wrote:
Hi everybody,

I've bought this unit WR740N V4.2 today with the intention to use it as a repeater. I read through 36 pages of this thread but could not decide which version of DD-WRT I should use. Is it the latest version build 20675 or the build 19519 that has a lot of positive feedback here?

I would suggest you to try OpenWRT or the latest stock released build 130104. Wink

I've finally done the webrevert, and then flashed OpenWrt on it.
One thing that kept bugging me for this router is that the load average is always alarmingly high, typically between 0.40 to 0.95, for no apparent reason.
Things seem normal in OpenWrt........ now I need to figure out how that system works.
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 22:13    Post subject: Re: which files used to revert ? Reply with quote
gvego wrote:
eddyi wrote:
hi mitza , can i ask you which file you used to revert back to stock firmware from ip6.ro version of openwrt

I used factory-to-ddwrt.bin to go from OpenWRT to DD-Wrt, and then webrevert to go to stock:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=235

Since this Romanian firmware is based on OpenWRT, it should be the same...

It's not the right way...Very Happy You could flash directly stock firmware from OpenWRT. An old version would be fine, because latest versions will not work.
mitza97
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
lethalfang wrote:
lethalfang wrote:
mitza97 wrote:
vingrau wrote:
Hi everybody,

One thing that kept bugging me for this router is that the load average is always alarmingly high, typically between 0.40 to 0.95, for no apparent reason.
Things seem normal in OpenWrt........ now I need to figure out how that system works.

I never had this CPU load average in OpenWRT. Confused Strange...Currently i have returned to the latest stock build wich is 130205 for testing, and i see NO MORE problems. I hope that TP-LINK "give a hit" in this unit. Smile
lethalfang
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
mitza97 wrote:
lethalfang wrote:
lethalfang wrote:
mitza97 wrote:
vingrau wrote:
Hi everybody,

I never had this CPU load average in OpenWRT. Confused Strange...Currently i have returned to the latest stock build wich is 130205 for testing, and i see NO MORE problems. I hope that TP-LINK "give a hit" in this unit. Smile

The high load average occurred in DD-WRT, not OpenWrt. In OpenWrt the load average was mostly below 0.10.
wju182
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 13:24    Post subject: Re: 20xxx not wporking with security (WPA/WPA2) enabled Reply with quote
WhizzWr wrote:
Not sure if this has been pointed by someone before, but for anyone interested on testing the 20xxxx builds. I can confirm none of them is working with wireless security enabled. At least on me with the router as AP and WPA2 security.

The client simply won't associate, methink.

I'm back to build 19519, which has been working like charm except the wireless sometimes got locked down if the router is not used for a long time. Scheduled restart is the way to go.

FWIW I'm on build 20453 and wifi works with security. Had to set the channel width to 20 Mhz and network mode to G or NG (N speed not working anyway). On security side WPA2 Personal or mixed with TKIP. Doesn't seem to like AES but it's only running at 54 Mbps anyway.
Anique
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the latest stable build.

And how can i lower my ping from an average of 300ms to 130ms.

My router is running ddwrt build 19519 and it is also connecting directly to internet(ie it is dialling itself, modem is just physically connected)
When i only use my modem i get 130ms.
I mainly use it for media sharing to ps3 and voip(which is laggy)
cocchet001
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can I revert from OpenWRT to stock firmware?
lethalfang
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
cocchet001 wrote:
Can I revert from OpenWRT to stock firmware?

Supposedly it can, although I've never tried that.

I learned to flash into OpenWrt with this link:
http://phobosk.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/how-to-turn-your-tp-link-tl-wrt740n-router-into-a-fully-functional-one-using-openwrt/

Since I have a Linux system, I used the ImageBuilder in the big download to build myself a custom .bin file, i.e., including relayd and luci-proto-relay which are needed to make bridges (you can install those packages after a normal flash, but I decided to include them in the flash .bin).
vingrau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dear All,

I came back to provide feedback, hoping that my information will be useful for somebody.

After almost one month running DD-WRT R20675 on my TP-Link WRT-740N-V4.20 (for which I paid around USD 16), I am completely satisfied with the performance that the device and the DD-WRT firmware delivers.

The device has been running 24/7 in repeater mode and requires no attention at all.

Thank you, DD-WRT developers. Great job!

vingrau on 22 Feb wrote:

Then, I flashed the newest r20675 build and it worked!
lethalfang
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
vingrau wrote:
Dear All,

I came back to provide feedback, hoping that my information will be useful for somebody.

After almost one month running DD-WRT R20675 on my TP-Link WRT-740N-V4.20 (for which I paid around USD 16), I am completely satisfied with the performance that the device and the DD-WRT firmware delivers.

The device has been running 24/7 in repeater mode and requires no attention at all.

Thank you, DD-WRT developers. Great job!

vingrau on 22 Feb wrote:

Then, I flashed the newest r20675 build and it worked!

What's the typical "local average" in this build?
micha12345
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Updated older brainslayer release (~summer 2012) to present one.

It was working fine in client mode with draft-n and WPA2-AES.

With present brainslayer release client mode can connect to fritzbox 7240 with WPA-TKIP AND WLAN-G enabled.
kdebugx86
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:58    Post subject: revert to tplink v4.2 firmware Reply with quote
hi guys
is there any 740n firmware revert for v4.2 ?

thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 50, 51, 52  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 38 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: