TP-LINK TL-WR740N v4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
BabyCakes99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 21:05    Post subject: remote access Reply with quote
Hi Folks,

I flashed my WR740N v4 with the latest build. Works amazing. Thanks.

I'm having a hard time getting the remote access to work.I installed it at a friends house who wants to control her kids from using the internet during times they should be at school.

I enabled the remote 'Web GUI Manangement'. I didn't enable the SSH or Telnet yet.

I tried going in the web browser of my mobile phone on the 3G network (not on the LAN) and typed in their external IP with the colon and the port of the WEB GUI. But it fails to connect. I switched the port to 8081.

Example: 76.69.86.117:8081

Anything I'm doing wrong?
Sponsor
BabyCakes99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 15:02    Post subject: Re: remote access Reply with quote
Anyone?

BabyCakes99 wrote:
Hi Folks,

I flashed my WR740N v4 with the latest build. Works amazing. Thanks.

I'm having a hard time getting the remote access to work.I installed it at a friends house who wants to control her kids from using the internet during times they should be at school.

I enabled the remote 'Web GUI Manangement'. I didn't enable the SSH or Telnet yet.

I tried going in the web browser of my mobile phone on the 3G network (not on the LAN) and typed in their external IP with the colon and the port of the WEB GUI. But it fails to connect. I switched the port to 8081.

Example: 76.69.86.117:8081

Anything I'm doing wrong?
mahin.hasan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:57    Post subject: PPPOE does not connect Reply with quote
Hi friends,

I've been using this router for two years as an AP. I'm using PPPOE for WAN connection (build v3.0-r29837 std).
But when I installed the latest build (33679) the PPPOE does not connect after reboot.
I also installed some previous builds to have that working but did not work. they all had the same problem.

Please help me to fix that problem.
phicha
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello, how can i run encrypt dns on this device ?
robinking623
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:33    Post subject: thanks for the instruction and URL! Reply with quote
thanks for the instruction and URL!
ssdn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is the link to
openwrt 12.09 beta (latest release)

http://archive.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr741nd-v4-jffs2-factory.bin

http://archive.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/
dabyd64 wrote:
Have you searched on the topic "Files for reverting from DD-WRT to STOCK FIRMWARE" ?
It's the first topic on Atheros section!
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237

You can't flash stock fw or openwrt from dd-wrt.
If you want to flash openwrt, you must return to stock firmware, then flash the "factory" openwrt version.
Not the sysupgrade!

You must use a special file to return to stock firmware from dd-wrt.
It's a stock firmware modified to be recognized by dd-wrt.

740n v4 revert firmware

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=235

openwrt 12.09 beta (latest release)

http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09-beta2/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr741nd-v2-jffs2-factory.bin
ugi93
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
intel_inside wrote:
HotSpot system does not work for me too confirmed, it seems that's the only issues with DD-WRT on this Router

Hello! What exact issues are you having with HotspotSystem on WR740N? I am also trying to setup HotspotSystem on it, but I'm getting really strange issues. I've flashed build 36330 on the router. Briefly, my lan and the primary wifi network are bridged to br0, and I made another vap on br1. To test the hotspot with HotspotSystem, I wanted to make another vap on br2. This new vap will work without a DHCP server, so I haven't added a new dhcpd under the Multiple DHCP servers. Also, I have disabled dhcpd for vap1, and configured DHCP assigning through dnsmask. After that, I activated the hotspot on br2, and rebooted the router. Now the issue is, the hotspot works, but on the main wifi (br0) and the first vap (br1), it connects, but it's needed quite long time for the DHCP to assign an IP. Any ideas?
dpdsbd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,
I have just flashed with latest beta (factory to dd-wrt and then upgrade to latest beta). Unfortunately router is not responding now - lights are flashin etc. but i can not log onto 192.168.1.1

Tried rebooting, reseting and nothing seems to work - what can I do or how can I connect to it to setup/reflash/revert?

Thanks in advance
eXtremer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

My WAN port is busted by lightning. Is there a way to make a LAN port as WAN? I've seen somewhere that is possible only with Broadcom chip and not Atheros, is that true? Or it must be a solution in my case too?

Thank you.
Jovan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
eXtremer wrote:
Hello,

My WAN port is busted by lightning. Is there a way to make a LAN port as WAN?

Some time ago I put by mistake WAN cable in LAN port so I tried if selecting eth0 as WAN works. And it works. In Setup > Networking > Port setup > WAN port Assignment > select eth0 instead of eth1 (I'm on Atheros, WR841n v11).
Edit: but to be fair I don't use LAN, only wifi, so I don't know if conecting clients to other LAN ports is working, probably not.
uecyz
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:56    Post subject: 740n Reply with quote
DD-WRT slow this router down to 11 mbit even via lan. What can I tune in settings to regain speed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 Display posts from previous:    Page 52 of 52
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: