Help! Vista Requires Frequent Router Reboots!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
bdpna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:20    Post subject: Help! Vista Requires Frequent Router Reboots! Reply with quote
I am using the latest DD-WRT on my Bullalo router. I've got a new laptop here, a Dell with a 1390 wireless card inside, running Windows Vista. I also swapped out to try and Intel 3945 Broadcom network card to ensure it wasn't the card causing this strange issue:

When I boot the laptop for the first time after a router reboot, it connects to my router with WPA security without issue. However, if I shut the laptop lid, or shut down and reboot the laptop, it refuses to connect to the network a second time. There's an unsecured network in my neighborhood that I can sometimes get a signal from here, which the laptop connects to every time, without issue. When I can't get on my own secured network (unless I reboot my router), it always connects right up with the neighbor's unsecured one. And of course if I reboot inside DD-WRT, my machine connects right up as well.

Is there a setting in DD-WRT I have mistakenly set to cause an issue such as this?

I could reformat the machine with XP to test if this is a Vista oddity or not, but I'd hate to do that unless absolutely necessary.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd sure appreciate it.

B.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: