using a wrt54gs v6 as a dhcp client over a VLAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
xwolfi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 18:57    Post subject: using a wrt54gs v6 as a dhcp client over a VLAN Reply with quote
Hello guys,
I'm the happy owner of a second-hand wrt router since yesterday, and I kinda have a specific problem (at least I couldn't find any clear way to solve it on the net).

In France the optic fiber network is just setting up and I got my line recently, with a crappy modem only able to sustain a 20mb bandwidth (while I have a 150 down/300 up real bandwidth without it).

To "authenticate" on my ISP optic fiber's network on my linux box I simply type:
/sbin/vconfig add eth1 836 && /sbin/dhclient eth1.836,
eth1 being my main ethernet card linked to an optical to ethernet converter device.

As you can see, I jump on the vlan 836 and run a dhcp request on it, get my WAN ip address and then use the box as a router for the home network thanks to ip masquerading.

When buying the wrt54gs router I thought I would be able to do the exact same thing without the need for a computer. However I'm slowly discovering that maybe my broadcom chipset is unable to use the vlan 836 or run a dhcp client request on it, am I wrong ?

So, is there any way to use the vlan 836 for dhcp "clienting" on such a vlan channel ?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: