wrt160n losing internet connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
sasjzl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:01    Post subject: wrt160n losing internet connection Reply with quote
I am not sure if this is allowed but I am using Tomato with a wrt160n v3 router and am wondering if I can get some help reading the log or at least get a better idea as to what is happening. I did try to get dd-wrt working as a 'Repeater Bridge' but did not get it going thus the fall back to Tomato which is doing the Repeater Bridge thing very well in spite of the dropped connections.

I am running:
======================================================
Tomato Firmware v1.28.9054 MIPSR2-beta K26 Mini
Linux kernel 2.6.22.19 and Broadcom Wireless Driver 5.10.147.0 updates,
=======================================================
This connection probably goes down every 2 hours or so.
I am going to start timing it to see if it is consistent.
I am very new to wireless but was able to get Tomato installed on a wrt160n v3.
I think the problem is with my router because when I lose the internet connection
I can reboot the router and the internet comes right back. If I connect to my cable modem
with a ethernet wire when it goes down I can connect without any problems.

I have a .cgi log and one distinctive thing I noticed is that every line in the last 50 starts with this prefix

unknown user.warn kernel:

After that prefix every line begins with either
DROP IN=vlan2 OUT= MAC=.....
or
ACCEPT IN=br0 OUT=vlan2 SRC=....

If anyone could point me to a link where I could learn how to better read this log I would
appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Jim Lee
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:06    Post subject: Re: wrt160n losing internet connection Reply with quote
sasjzl wrote:
If anyone could point me to a link where I could learn how to better read this log I would
appreciate it very much.

http://tomatousb.org/forum:start

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: