TP-Link 703N flashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Clint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did build and flash a OpenWRT TL-WR740Nv4 image on the 703N and it works without any issues except lack of USB support. A donated TL-WR740Nv4 is on the way to the devs as of a few days back, so there is hope for the 703N.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=148139&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
The hardware is identical so it's only a matter of patch in USB support. If any devs need a tester I'm already setup with TTL and such, just shoot a pm.
Sponsor
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Clint wrote:
I did build and flash a OpenWRT TL-WR740Nv4 image on the 703N and it works without any issues except lack of USB support. A donated TL-WR740Nv4 is on the way to the devs as of a few days back, so there is hope for the 703N.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=148139&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
The hardware is identical so it's only a matter of patch in USB support. If any devs need a tester I'm already setup with TTL and such, just shoot a pm.

Hi, Clint:
Do you think any of the existing version will work or I can get a copy of yours to test?
Thanks.
I just got a 703n from Volumerates.com. It works fine with Openwrt. I also opened it to take a look inside. I found the serial input and output pads but they are very tiny for v1.5. Not sure how easy to solder wires on them.
Clint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
twinclouds wrote:
Clint wrote:

Hi, Clint:
Do you think any of the existing version will work or I can get a copy of yours to test?
Thanks.
I just got a 703n from Volumerates.com. It works fine with Openwrt. I also opened it to take a look inside. I found the serial input and output pads but they are very tiny for v1.5. Not sure how easy to solder wires on them.

I have version v1.5 as well, and the pads are small indeed. You need a really thin point on a soldering pen to solder them decently. I did a build with Luci, multiWAN, DDNS and QOS for testing purposes. I'll pm you with a link as soon as I have uploaded the image.
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Clint:
Thank you.
Currently, I have installed the Openwrt on the 703n. It works but not as good as DD-WRT, I think. Do you think if I can do sysupgrade to install your DD-WRT image without connect the serial console?
Looking forward to seeing you link. Thanks in advance.
Clint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
twinclouds wrote:
Clint:
Thank you.
Currently, I have installed the Openwrt on the 703n. It works but not as good as DD-WRT, I think. Do you think if I can do sysupgrade to install your DD-WRT image without connect the serial console?
Looking forward to seeing you link. Thanks in advance.

Pm sent. I think you can use web interface, it did work for me when going between builds on the 740Nv4. Possibly need to change name of image to reflect the 703N the first flash. In any case I would make sure to NOT keep settings between flashes. I also did not mess with the "Switch" settings for obvious reasons, the 703N only have one port so that can possibly mess things up.

EDIT: When I look closer at your post I see that you ask for DD-WRT image. I did build and OpenWRT imgage, simply for verification purposes. No DD-WRT yet.
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
O.K. Thanks anyway.
For openwrt, the trunk already have the 703n build in. I also built one but have not test it yet. Other people have verified that works, though.
Clint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
twinclouds wrote:
O.K. Thanks anyway.
For openwrt, the trunk already have the 703n build in. I also built one but have not test it yet. Other people have verified that works, though.

Yeah, I was more into shorten the dev time for DD-WRT for the 703N by verifying the hardware similarity between the 740N and 703N. If we are lucky they simply add in USB support after the porting of the 740N and will not require a donation of the 703N. So, no benefits for me really, simply trying to contribute.
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Clint wrote:
twinclouds wrote:
O.K. Thanks anyway.

Yeah, I was more into shorten the dev time for DD-WRT for the 703N by verifying the hardware similarity between the 740N and 703N. If we are lucky they simply add in USB support after the porting of the 740N and will not require a donation of the 703N. So, no benefits for me really, simply trying to contribute.

This is good finding anyway. Thank you for your effort.
I will see if I can ask volumerates send to DD-WRT a 703n directly as my donation. I just got one from them. It was in good shape.
Clint
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
twinclouds wrote:
Clint wrote:
twinclouds wrote:
O.K. Thanks anyway.

This is good finding anyway. Thank you for your effort.
I will see if I can ask volumerates send to DD-WRT a 703n directly as my donation. I just got one from them. It was in good shape.

Yup, got mine from there as well. I have some mods on it as well, internal 4 port USB hub with 2x16GB flash memory inside and two external USB connectors. Some pictures of the components:

I will spend the day in Singapore and will try to source a 16MB flash to swap with the existing 4MB one. I have a MR11U coming from Volumerates that I will squeeze in a USB hub and 1 16GB disk in as well. If I can source the SPI flash today I will drop one in the MR11U as well.
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
u will have to send it to germany. this is a one way street.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations

I was just notified that volumerates has sent an wr703n for me to the following address:

First Name: NewMedia-NET GmbH
Last Name: (Donation to DD-WRT)
State: Germany
City: 64625 Bensheim
Address: Berliner Ring 101
Phone: 49 6251 582650

Hope you will receive it soon.
jiafeixun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:36    Post subject: what's going on Reply with quote
What's Going on?

Can I use any DDWRT firmware to my 703N? if I just want a IPv6 Support...
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:34    Post subject: Re: what's going on Reply with quote
jiafeixun wrote:
What's Going on?

No you cannot just use any dd-wrt implementation on other router. There's no 703n support of DD-WRT yet. (Otherwise, why I made the donation Wink ?)

Last edited by twinclouds on Wed Feb 15, 2012 16:46; edited 1 time in total
maurer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:07    Post subject: Re: what's going on Reply with quote
jiafeixun wrote:
What's Going on?

you can use openwrt with ipv6 support
http://www.ip6.ro/firmware/wr703n/openwrt-wr703n-v1-factory.bin
192.168.1.1 for access from wifi
and 192.168.0.2 from ethernet
hal01
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just had this routeur,

It would be very interseting if someone could help me to summarize what is going On...

What I have understood

1/ TwinClouds has made a donation to be able to have DD-Wrt on this routeur . Thanks !
2/ Open WRT could be installed using web interface of the original firmware (following link given by maurer.

if yes and Yes then I have a question,
if I install openWRT, will I be able to install DD-WRT after simply, without serial and so on...

and finally how many time take usually to adapt DD-WRT to a new routeur ?

Thanks a lot
twinclouds
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 16:52    Post subject: Donation Received! Reply with quote
I was just notified that my donation of 703n was received by dd-wrt. Hope we will see the new firmware developed soon.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: