TP-Link 703N flashing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
josnan40
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
opkg and ext3/4 you with openwrt
Sponsor
Garybia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:36    Post subject: Setting up WR703N Reply with quote
I have been able to install dd-wrt on my WR703N. I want to use it to provide access from multiple wireless devices to a hotel internet connection. I think the issue stems from only having a single ethernet port to provide WAN/LAN connections. What I want to do is take the cable from the hotel and put it in the ethernet (this would be a WAN connection) then the wireless side will be a private LAN that does DHCP and NAT so I can have a small wireless network in the hotel room. The unit did this perfectly with the TPLINK firmware but I can not read the chinese to be able to setup the wireless security.

When the dd-wrt firmware V24 is installed it turns off the WAN. I tried turning it back on using the setting under Setup>Basic Setup>WAN Connection type to Automatic Configuration - DHCP. As soon as I do this I loose connectivity to the wireless (also tried setting it to Static IP and filling in the information). Have tried a few other setting changes but same symptoms occur. I am thinking it might be a requirement to use VLANs but have no idea about where to start or if that is correct.

Can someone help me out here?
lissom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 0:24    Post subject: Re: Setting up WR703N Reply with quote
Yes,WR703N only has one eth,and ddwrt use it as LAN,I'm not sure it needs to telenet the router with wireless and change the network config file(openwrt did it)
Garybia wrote:
I have been able to install dd-wrt on my WR703N. I want to use it to provide access from multiple wireless devices to a hotel internet connection. I think the issue stems from only having a single ethernet port to provide WAN/LAN connections. What I want to do is take the cable from the hotel and put it in the ethernet (this would be a WAN connection) then the wireless side will be a private LAN that does DHCP and NAT so I can have a small wireless network in the hotel room. The unit did this perfectly with the TPLINK firmware but I can not read the chinese to be able to setup the wireless security.

When the dd-wrt firmware V24 is installed it turns off the WAN. I tried turning it back on using the setting under Setup>Basic Setup>WAN Connection type to Automatic Configuration - DHCP. As soon as I do this I loose connectivity to the wireless (also tried setting it to Static IP and filling in the information). Have tried a few other setting changes but same symptoms occur. I am thinking it might be a requirement to use VLANs but have no idea about where to start or if that is correct.

Can someone help me out here?
pok1800
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 3:46    Post subject: TP-link TL-WR703N firmware openwrt I want change ddwrt Reply with quote
Hi Support DD-wrt
I have question router TP-link TL-WR703N flash firmware openwrt already use 3G USB ZTE model: MF668A have problem connect to internet not long time auto disconect. If revert firmware to dd-wrt.What do I need to do. Do'not have cable jtag console.

Best regards
Adisak P.

Thailand
cinemais
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:34    Post subject: Re: Setting up WR703N Reply with quote
Garybia wrote:

I am observing the same problem, attempting to configure the unit in AP mode -- the setup you are trying to do. Fortunately, a reset *does* recover the router... I am running with dd-wrt r18777.

I've been able to configure the unit as a Repeater but no luck trying to configure it as an AP.
lkeops
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi! Someone tell me if I can flash the TP-LINK WR703N V1.6 with ddwrt firmware. In the support device list only appears V1 and not V1.x.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by lkeops on Fri Jan 25, 2013 20:50; edited 1 time in total
harvsingh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 17:11    Post subject: There is def a problem... Reply with quote
Hi all

I got hold of a 703n that someone had tried to put openwrt onto.

I was able to telnet onto...configure the port to become internet live (via my existing connection) and wget and flash the dd-wrt factory to dd-wrt flash file from the latest 01-01-2013-r20453 dir

This has led to this router to being a proper confused little thing.

I now telnet onto it... see

DD-WRT login: root
Password:
==========================================================

____ ___ __ ______ _____ ____ _ _
| _ \| _ \ \ \ / / _ \_ _| __ _|___ \| || |
|| | || ||____\ \ /\ / /| |_) || | \ \ / / __) | || |_
||_| ||_||_____\ V V / | _ < | | \ V / / __/|__ _|
|___/|___/ \_/\_/ |_| \_\|_| \_/ |_____| |_|

DD-WRT v24-sp2
http://www.dd-wrt.com

==========================================================

BusyBox v1.20.2 (2012-12-31 10:03:20 CET) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

root@DD-WRT:~#

I can login as you can see... but the webpage is totally screwed...as is the network settings (as the lan port is exactly that..a lan port...and not seeing it as a wan port

Please see the attached web page screen

Please help anyone... I would happily put this to a English stock firmware if possible...(i know there is a modded 3020 firmware...or a english version out there from a modded header or something.. but I simply cannot find it.

Anyone help me...and hand hold through to making this stock or functional under dd-wrt as a router?
harvsingh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am also now getting

root@DD-WRT:/tmp# write factory-to-ddwrt.bin firmware
function stop_snmp not found
function stop_pppoeserver not found
function stop_olsrd not found
function stop_openvpn not found
function stop_openvpnserver not found
function stop_freeradius not found
factory-to-ddwrt.bin: Bad trx header

everytime i try to re-apply the 19519 version that people have reported success with...

Now i'm cream crackered.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
harvsingh wrote:
I am also now getting

Now i'm cream crackered.

So the router is already running dd-wrt and you are trying to flash a file which is intended for converting a router running factory firmware into dd-wrt by flashing the file via the factory firmwares gui.

No wonder that so many users here bricks their routers.. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
harvsingh wrote:
I am also now getting

Now i'm cream crackered.

So the router is already running dd-wrt and you are trying to flash a file which is intended for converting a router running factory firmware into dd-wrt by flashing the file via the factory firmwares gui.

No wonder that so many users here bricks their routers.. Sad

Hi.

I have managed to make it work... I could only flash the factory-to-ddwrt.bin (as it was running openwrt)

I have now setup a IIS server on my local laptop.. put the right ddwrt 19519 build on it.. and did a wget locally

Now.. I only have one last issue.
I need the device to act as stock....and have the only ETH port as Internet facing and have this used as a router sharing WIFI only to the ETH internet connection

Can anyone give me instructions to set this via telnet/web gui?

Thanks
wersdfxcv
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
lkeops wrote:
Hi! Someone tell me if I can flash the TP-LINK WR703N V1.6 with ddwrt firmware. In the support device list only appears V1 and not V1.x.

Thanks in advance!

I got the same issue. v1.6 was the router version, HW version on the board is v1.1. Compared to 1.5, ROM was changed from SPANSION FL032P to cFeon Q32B-104HIP. router bricked after flashing factory_to_ddwrt.bin. Here is the log from TTL:

VFS: Cannot open root device"(null)" or unknown-block(0,0)
Please append a correct "root="boot option; here are the available partition:
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable tomount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)
ebosman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
see
https://sites.google.com/site/moosyresearch/fast-fwr171-3g
riahc3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
So how is this doing on fully supporting DD-WRT?
AgostinhoF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, for now, is that possible use usb as NAS? I know, it is a very cheap equipment, its for travel, blablabla

I think its possible alocate ext3 support, removing other services...
deanMKD
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:20    Post subject: 703N flashing from 3020 firmware Reply with quote
Hi !

I have the 703N (v1.6 FW build 130321, original FW rel. 37153n) with MR-3020 firmware, updated to latest TP-Link firmware for 3020 TL-MR3020_V1_140610 version. Now the question is, is possible to flash DDWRT on my 703N, and how to do that. If someone have manual how to flash, post here. Tnx a lot.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: