TP-Link TL-WA730RE v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Coiler
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:08    Post subject: TP-Link TL-WA730RE v2 Reply with quote
Hi all,

I found a working solution to update the firmware for the TP-link wa730re V2 (Hardware version 2).

As the hardware is based on Atheros ar9331 is equivalent to the WR703N v1, you can use the dd-wrt firmware tl-wr703nv1 - build 18740 - 20120315.

The way to make it work is use the factory-to-ddwrt firmware file and patch it with the Chinese patch utility as can be found on the openwrt forum:

ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/03-08-12-r18740/tplink_tl-wr703nv1/

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=168045#p168045

I attached the patched file I used with this post.

Good luck!
Sponsor
saigol7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can confirm that it works just fine as a repeater bridge.

Thanks Coiler

--Saigol7
darkspark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:11    Post subject: Issues not broadcasting SSID Reply with quote
I've used the firmware from the first post on a TP-LINK TL-WA730RE V:2.0.

Everything went OK, but after setting up as a range extender/repeater (followed WIKI: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Bridged) I can't get it to show the SSID.

I know it's working, as i hooked up a network cable and i can access internet and other network devices.

Only thing is can't get SSID. I used some guides on the forum (turning security off, basically) but still i can't get the interface to show the option we you can select to broadcast SSID.

Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: