How Best to Update a DD-WRT Kong Build?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Agrajag
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 0:40    Post subject: How Best to Update a DD-WRT Kong Build? Reply with quote
I switched over my Netgear R7000P to DD-WRT Kong build, but it's this version:

DD-WRT v3.0-r33675M kongac (11/03/17)

It appears there are newer builds, but my current setup is pretty solid and I'd hate to lose settings and such. I would like to do some nice things like change some HOSTNAMES for some of my devices (via Services), but that part of this build is buggy.

Is there a link or video showing the best way to go about upgrading this build to the latest build?

Thanks...
Sponsor
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
You just flash it. You should reset it and start from scratch. A lot of builds since the one you are using.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a R7000 that I upgrade once a year or so. I recently flashed over the latest f/w so this post is timely.

First telnet into the router with your program of choice. (“telnet 192.168.1.1” in Linux terminal for me)

Next, “erase nvram” then “reboot” then telnet back in.

Now “ddup -h” because I can never remember the command to upgrade. I think it’s “ddup --flash-latest” so we type that next.

In a few minutes you’ll be good to go. I like to wait 5 minutes or so before rebooting again and issuing one more “erase nvram” and another reboot. Probably not necessary but I’ve never had issues doing it this way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: