Feature Request: Content Filtering

RadianWear
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 14:50    Post subject: Feature Request: Content Filtering Reply with quote
Hey Guys, I apologize if this is not the correct place for this, but there is no dedicated feature request forum I was able to find.

I realize to store an entire content database on the router itself is not feasible, but I wonder if there is a way to integrate it with Open DNS web filtering? I am not sure if they have an API for it (im guessing not). I realize we can setup Open DNS as our DNS server but that causes issues with local dns lookups, there are too many convoluted ways around it to get it working. Maybe finding a way to better integrate it with their service?

Maybe even maintaining a separate category database on a 3rd party server? We could setup an open source service that just provides categorization of websites etc., users could control exceptions etc in a rules table on the router?

anyway thanks for listening, appreciate it.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: