routing problem or hardware problem...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jonab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:55    Post subject: routing problem or hardware problem... Reply with quote
My setup:

WRT54GS (192.168.0.x) connected to cable modem and act as AP. Wireless security is set with WPA 2 Personal Mixed. Need it to be mixed due to one device not supporting WPA 2. If I connect to this AP wirelessly from a PC, I can browse Internet fine.

WRT54GL (192.168.1.x) configured in Repeater mode. Repeater is able to obtain a DHPC assigned WAN address from AP but when I connect to it wirelessly with any PC, I cannot browse out to Internet.

Tried changing wireless security to WPA 2 Personal on both AP and Repeater but that didn't help.

Would this be a routing issue or would it be hardware? Any suggrstions on what I can try to test?

Thanks,
Jona
Sponsor
Phonism
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Have you checked "Assign WAN port to switch"? That the single piece I was missing when I couldn't get on internet with my repeater.

Asus RT-AC66U DD-WRT v24-sp2 giga - build 25015 [Main]
Linksys E3000 DD-WRT v24-sp2 mega - build 15962 [Backup]
Linksys WRT600N v1.1 DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega - build 14929 [Retired]
Linksys WRT54GS v4 DD-WRT v24-sp2 mini - build 15747 [Retired]
E3000 Info | WRT600N Info | Know-it-all thread
jonab
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Checking and unchecking the box for Assing WAN Port to Switch didn't make any difference. Thanks for the sussgestion though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: