WRT54G Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
svluu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:33    Post subject: WRT54G Problem Reply with quote
Ok here's the problem:

When I install ddwrt on my 54G v5, on the last step you are suppose to do a hard reset before using the router. I can complete that step but what happens is that after the hard reset, my router's username and password are for a better word flashed away. If I continue pass that and set up a username and password again, it is flashed again once I unplug the router and move it to where I am going to use it, once again causing me to have to setup every thing again. This did not occur when power cycling the router. Nor did I run into this problem/issue when installing DDWRT on another 54G v5 or 54G v6.

So I was wondering if there was anyone else who ran into this issue, or if it is a problem with the router itself. I've checked and restore factory defaults isn't checked nor is the after flashing reset to default.

On the other two before I hook them up, I am able to do a hard reset and keep my router username and password and get a time. So I'm thinking it could be a bad router, but it appears usable but not stable if that makes any sense.

Thanks for any help in advance.

My plan was to turn this into a repeater, but so far installing ddwrt on the first 54G v5 has fixed the issue with the wireless signal in my household.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
A hard reset will, and is supposed to, require you to reset your password. You can run into problems if your browser has a password stored for that LAN IP address.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: