upgraded to bricked WNR3500L

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Twizzard
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 18:41    Post subject: upgraded to bricked WNR3500L Reply with quote
I have a WNR3500L v1 that was running "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (03/25/13) std-usb-nas - build 21061", downloaded and "upgraded" to "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/14/14) vpnkong - build 22000M" - this seemed like it would be more up to date and secure. The upgrade completed, the control panel appeared, everything seemed OK. On router restart, no internet, no DHCP. Set Macintosh manually to right IP address, 10.30,60.100 and the wired Ethernet connected. Went to 10.30.60.3, and the control panel for the router started to load -- and did get far. Tried 30-30-30 reset; same behavior. Now what??
Sponsor
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you saying after a 30-30-30 reset it still has your original IP address? It shouldn't, it should have changed to 192.168.1.1. You should try again the reset to factory, and after that, shall issues remain, perhaps try uploading a firmware file by tftp.
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, after the 30-30-30 reset, I get no internet connectivity with the Macintosh connected wired to a WAN port on the router. If I manually set the computer to an address that valid before the router crashed and navigate to the address that was the 3500L control panel, the computer then shows that the internet is connected, but the control panel web page does not load. I think this is the definition of "bricked". Where do I find out about using ftp to bring the router back, and what firmware should I then load?
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2020 23:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Twizzard wrote:
Where do I find out about using ftp to bring the router back, and what firmware should I then load?

tftp is not the same as the regular ftp you are thinking.
You may start by looking the following wiki procedure:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_Bad_Flash
or the Note 6 from the Peacock Thread.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Twizzard - did you resolve this issue? I ask I have the initial chk install on my WNR3500L V1 and trying to decide what build to upgrade to.

Cheers & many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: