Dual band speeds in repeater mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
lonjim2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 15:00    Post subject: Dual band speeds in repeater mode Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I was just pondering -- is there a way to activate dual band 802.11n speeds for a Linksys e2000 (802.11n, 5 GHz router) in repeater mode?

The setup: I'm using an e2000 to connect to a WPA2 Personal-encrypted 802.11g router connected to the internet. At the moment, I have my mode on the e2000 set to 'Mixed'.

At the moment, here are the stats that I am geting:

Channel: 11
TX Power: 71 mW
Rate: 24 Mbps

Any help would be a lifesaver!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
That router only does a single band at a time, so how are you going to connect a to the 5ghz signal when you are using the 2.4ghz to connect to the G?

Getting 24 linked to a G is pretty good. If you want N speed follow the N configuration guide in the wiki. But you won't get N hooked to a G router.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: