WRT320N 14929: Unstable wired connection, random disconnects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
xerogabe106
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:18    Post subject: WRT320N 14929: Unstable wired connection, random disconnects Reply with quote
So the router is next to my PC and connected to it physically. its wired.

My wife, in the other room, is connected wireless.

Now every once in a while I can't get an internet connection. Shes fine, she can still surf and doesnt have any issues. Its just me. She doesnt do anything crazy either. She mainly tends to her email, social networks and maybe youtube videos. A quick router reboot fixes the issue for a while. But then it seems to randomly lock me up again. Win7 doesn't even tell me that ive lost connection. Everything looks fine until you open up a browser and try to do some surfing.

Router information:
Model: Linksys WRT320n
Firmware: D-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mega
(SVN revision 14929)
Set on: AP, N-Only
Spectrum: 2.4 GHz
Channel: 3, 20 Mhz.
Security: WPA2 Personal, AES

I can't think of anything and welcome all your thoughts. If you have any questions, please ask and I will answer you promptly. Please forgive my Engrish.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try changing the channel. Do a site survey to see what is being used in your area.

Check the throughput graphs to see what traffic is going through the router, and see if there is more throughput than you think there should be.

Try build 15962.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
xerogabe106
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
Try changing the channel. Do a site survey to see what is being used in your area.

Check the throughput graphs to see what traffic is going through the router, and see if there is more throughput than you think there should be.

Try build 15962.

Everything looks fine, nothing abnormal that I can see. But like I said, the wireless connection is fine and stable. Its the wired connection that locks up. Would the channel have any effect on my wired connection?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 13:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
You are right. It is doubtful that it is wireless issue, but does your connection fail when she is not using the router? Also, did you do a proper hard reset after you flashed?
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
xerogabe106
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:
You are right. It is doubtful that it is wireless issue, but does your connection fail when she is not using the router? Also, did you do a proper hard reset after you flashed?

I flashed a long time ago and have since then done a hard reset many times. But ive never tested it wirelessly until quite recently.

The connection does not fail nor did it fail until she started to connect to the router. Also, her connection is stable. I'm the only one effected by the outage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: