Netgear R6700 won't upgrade/downgrade to any firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Elitoh7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:47    Post subject: Netgear R6700 won't upgrade/downgrade to any firmware Reply with quote
Hello All,
Currently trying to upgrade to the latest version of the firmware but every time that I try via the GUI it tries to upload the firmware but then times out. Not sure why its doing this. Things that I have tried and don't work.

30/30/30 - After the dirty 30 reset it loads up fine but still wont allow me to upgrade.

Tried downgrading... Failed(timed out)
Reverting back to stock/oem firmware .. Fails(timed out)

I have tried using multiple browsers as well.

Currently on DD-WRT v3.0-r28444 std (12/05/15)

Trying to upgrade to 04-05-2016-r29409 › netgear-r6700
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:38    Post subject: Re: Netgear R6700 won't upgrade/downgrade to any firmware Reply with quote
Elitoh7 wrote:
Hello All,
Currently trying to upgrade to the latest version of the firmware but every time that I try via the GUI it tries to upload the firmware but then times out. Not sure why its doing this. Things that I have tried and don't work.

30/30/30 - After the dirty 30 reset it loads up fine but still wont allow me to upgrade.

Tried downgrading... Failed(timed out)
Reverting back to stock/oem firmware .. Fails(timed out)

I have tried using multiple browsers as well.

Currently on DD-WRT v3.0-r28444 std (12/05/15)

Trying to upgrade to 04-05-2016-r29409 › netgear-r6700
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That's mostly sure because that build has the bug where you weren't able to update from GUI.

Try command line method, number 3 on this link:

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#Method_3:_Flashing_with_Command_Line

I did it that way when it happened to me.

Also it is always recommended that you reset to factory defaults before and after upgrading to a new firmware.

And by the way, 30/30/30 is useless on ARM routers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: