Connections mostly flakey on freshly flashed e1200v2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Dralnu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 0:35    Post subject: Connections mostly flakey on freshly flashed e1200v2 Reply with quote
I flashed my Linksys E1200v2 over to DD-WRT following the directions in the wiki, and now have dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/2012/06-08-12-r19342/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-19342_NEWD-2_K2.6_mega-nv64k.bin flashed to the router. I followed the wiki to the letter, including resetting the router back to defaults when these issues showed, and even reflashed the firmware to make sure it wasn't a fault in the flash.

My network is laid out thusly; My desktop and laptop connect to a Netgear prosafe 5 port gigabit switch which plugs into LAN Port #1 on the router; the Windows box is plugged into #2 on the router.

My desktop PC (Gentoo Linux, 3.10.12 kernel) has been connected to the router for over 8 hours without problems. The Windows 7 desktop my roommate uses is having problems being randomly dropped from the network

My laptop (Gentoo, 3.11.1 kernel, mostly the same setup as the desktop but using wicd for network management) is having other issues, such as being unable to connect via ethernet due to what seems to be a DHCP issue. When trying to connect via ifconfig and dhcpcd since wicd was unable to connect, I get these errors:
Quote:
dhcpcd[560]: eth0: sending IPv6 Router Solicitation

repeating 4 times, followed by
Quote:
dhcpcd[560]: eth0: probing for an IPv4LL address
dhcpcd[560]: eth0: checking for 169.254.195.118
dhcpcd[560]: eth0: using IPv4LL address 169.254.195.118

I tried to give the laptop's ethernet MAC address a static IP in the router and run
Quote:
dhcpcd -r 192.168.1.11

but it just gave me the 169.254.195.118 number again. The version of dhcpcd that I am using is the same as the version used by my desktop.

Additionally, my laptop, much like my roommates Windows box, gets randomly booted when it does connect via WiFi. Unfortunatly I don't have any more information about that at this time. I am currently running tail over the wicd log to see what may pop up.

Let me know if I missed an important bit of info, but this is all I have.
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
From here, i would try using a more updated build. I have a very similar unit, E900 and 19342 was ok at the time that i wrote that wiki, but i have since seen better wireless performance out of more updated builds.

I'll update the wiki in a bit to reflect newer build links.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Dralnu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I appreciate the reply. I've run across other issues with the laptop in question which have led me to believe the issue with ethernet was driver related instead of being a router issue. In the proccess of trying to 'fix' the home network, I've reflashed the e1200 back to the Linksys firmware. The issue of no ethernet carried over on the laptop, and so I will have to fix the laptop (and various other issues that have popped up with it) then give DD-WRT a go again once I know everything is working as intented.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
ah well, i updated the wiki regardless with 21676, i have read of too many problems with 22118 - which is the latest build, so i didn't include that one in there. Enjoy Smile

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: