Using e3000 as an access point for 2 networks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jvallery
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 21:31    Post subject: Using e3000 as an access point for 2 networks Reply with quote
Hi All,

I've got what I think to be a relatively simple requirement for my e3000 running DD-WRT v24-SP2. I'm just not exactly sure how to configure it.

I'd like to have 2 wireless networks:

Network 1) - home network

The network should be B/G/N capable. The network should effectively bridge the wireless connection to one of the wired ports on the back. This port will be hardwired to a port on my pfsense box which will provide DHCP, DNS, etc

Network 2) - guest network

The network should be B/G capable. The network should effectively bridge the wireless connection to a DIFFERENT wired port on the back. This port will be hardwired to a DIFFERENT port on my pfsense box which will provide DHCP, DNS in a different subnet.

The traffic from network 1 and network 2 should be completely isolated. I will use pfsense to configure NAT and to pass the traffic from network 2 to network 1 as allowed.

I know that the e3000 has dual radios so my assumption would be that I could use one radio for each? Or is there a better way? Should I try and use a vlan setup? If so can these be mapped to ports on the device? Any advice or links on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance
-Jason V
http://vallery.net/

[/list][/list]
Sponsor
jvallery
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 21:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
I should add I'm using the following build:

DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std-usb-nas - build 16785
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: