multiwan wndr3700

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
jigglywiggly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:15    Post subject: multiwan wndr3700 Reply with quote
I saw this
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Dual_WAN_with_failover

I want to do this, but here is what I want to do. First of all, is this possible on the wndr3700?

Second here is how I want to create it.
At my house I have a pfsense router, I also have a dsl line and it works as a failover.
However I also told it like port 26952 or something goes to DSL first in a lan rule. Can I do this in dd-wrt?

Thanks(I do not want to flash dd-wrt on this router yet unless I know it can do this, reason being is because I heard it might brick radios, and I bought a v1 refurbrished unit, and I do not have the box in came in to identify if it is safe to flash dd-wrt. Radio is very strong atm, been like 6 months so far)

Last thing, I doubt I can make the second wan port work as PPPOE, I suppose I can let the modem act as a router since it has that capability... lol I wish you could just flash pfsense onto these routers(not that I am against dd-wrt, just that I've never used it) pfsense has a gui to do all this, I am hesistant for using olds scripts...

I saw this thread, so apparently it is possible to use it with openwrt.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=83829&sid=f6e5f42fa7e8577aaf71586efb383bbd

However, I want reliable Internet... you know like "justworks" for over here since I am not the only user and this would be hell lol. So, anything for dd-wrt? I do not want to use openwrt here, now if I had like a good while to test and all that, I'd use it, I'm fairly comfortable with CLI.
Sponsor
fyi2000
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please restore Factory Defaults and execute,
Code:
ifconfig
swconfig dev rtl8366s show
dmesg
nvram show | sort

Replace "rtl8366s" with "rtl8366sr" or "rtl8366rb" if you see errors.

Zip the results and upload here.

DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - solution: TP-Link 1043ND / dead WAN port
DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - Assign WAN Port to Switch
DD-WRT Forum :: View topic - WZR-HP-G300NH WAN port fried, can I move it?

Navigation

Jump to: