DD-WRT for Netgear WNR3500L V2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
themadkansan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
BrainSlayer build for WNR3500Lv2 is now official: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2015/11-10-2015-r28112/netgear-wnr3500lv2/

YAY! THANK YOUS!!!

I installed the Tomato build referenced upthread awhile back and got the little beastie working, then promptly forgot all about it. Smile

Can the .chk file referenced here just install straight over the Tomato currently on the box, i.e. just browse to the file and use the Upgrade function under Tomato's Admin page? Just wanting to make sure.
Sponsor
Hak Foo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Okay, I bollixed it up badly somehow.

I downloaded the BrainSlayer image mentioned three or so posts back and used the "upgrade firmware" function in the stock Netgear firmware to try to deploy it.
Now it's weirdly semi-bricked.

If you power it up, it tries to tftp vmlinuz fron 192.168.1.2. I've tried offering the DD-WRT image and a stock Netgear image to no avail.

If you don't have one to offer, it eventually gets to a green power LED, blue Wi-Fi LED and the ethernet LED on for whatever port you're wired to. Pressing the 'disable wi-fi' button on the router toggles the blue light.

However, it doesn't show a network for the Win10 Wi-Fi selection list, and it doesn't provide an IP address to connected PCs.

If you give the connected PC a static IP in the 192.168.1.x block, it can't ping 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 (aside from the five second window when it tries to do TFTP)

The only thing I can think of is "it's still alive somewhat if it's blinking the lights, but is maybe wildly misconfigured, something like 'don't bother setting up TCP/IP networking'... but poking the reset button when off, on, or while powering on, do nothing.

Is it time to get a USB-TTL cable (or would an old 386 with a real serial port do the same job?)
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just flashed BrainSlayers build, there is a problem with switch-robo driver in his build:

loading switch-robo
roboswitch: Probing device 'eth0'
roboswitch: No such device
roboswitch: Probing device 'eth1'
roboswitch: Probing device 'eth2'
roboswitch: Probing device 'eth3'
insmod: cannot insert '/lib/modules/3.10.93/switch-robo.ko': No such device

Thus network is not working. You need a usb-ttl.
themadkansan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 0:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
I just flashed BrainSlayers build, there is a problem with switch-robo driver in his build:

loading switch-robo
roboswitch: Probing device 'eth0'
roboswitch: Probing device 'eth1'
roboswitch: Probing device 'eth2'
roboswitch: Probing device 'eth3'
insmod: cannot insert '/lib/modules/3.10.93/switch-robo.ko': No such device

Thus network is not working. You need a usb-ttl.

Thank you for the warning. Will your build referenced earlier load over Tomato at the admin screen, or do I need to do anything special?

[EDIT] Nevermind, I see now someone did this earlier in Tomato by loading the .chk file, then using the .bin file. Smile
KrypteX
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kong has released today a new build for WNR3500Lv2: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MIPSEL/
themadkansan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
KrypteX wrote:
Kong has released today a new build for WNR3500Lv2: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-MIPSEL/

Loaded and running. Only odd thing I can see is that Site Survey doesn't pick up anything - it would at least pick up the two APs out in the living room before.
drfranco
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:27    Post subject: Change info for the Nov. 15 PTB? Reply with quote
Is there any way for us to get a Cliff's Notes of the changes that were made to the July 17 build to create this new build? An informal changelog would be helpful.

I'm about to deploy two WNR3500Lv2 routers in a small business setting (for a relative) and if there are any changes pertaining to OpenVPN and Samba, in particular, then I'd really like to know what those are.
SleepyBum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer's current build still isn't working for this router. DO NOT INSTALL!!! Soft-brick, ethernet and wireless not responding as stated above. Had to use the USB-TTL cable to reset it.

Also wasn't able to flash Kong's .chk file from the latest official Netgear firmware 1.2.0.34. Gave a firmware error. Had to flash tomato first, then .chk, finally .bin.

Currently testing the new Kong build to see if that traff daemon, webui crashing has gone away. Site survey not working here as well.
srpski
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hak Foo wrote:

I downloaded the BrainSlayer image mentioned three or so posts back and used the "upgrade firmware" function in the stock Netgear firmware to try to deploy it.

If you power it up, it tries to tftp vmlinuz fron 192.168.1.2. I've tried offering the DD-WRT image and a stock Netgear image to no avail.

If you don't have one to offer, it eventually gets to a green power LED, blue Wi-Fi LED and the ethernet LED on for whatever port you're wired to. Pressing the 'disable wi-fi' button on the router toggles the blue light.

However, it doesn't show a network for the Win10 Wi-Fi selection list, and it doesn't provide an IP address to connected PCs.

If you give the connected PC a static IP in the 192.168.1.x block, it can't ping 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 (aside from the five second window when it tries to do TFTP)

The only thing I can think of is "it's still alive somewhat if it's blinking the lights, but is maybe wildly misconfigured, something like 'don't bother setting up TCP/IP networking'... but poking the reset button when off, on, or while powering on, do nothing.

Is it time to get a USB-TTL cable (or would an old 386 with a real serial port do the same job?)

Got the same problem on my end...
Any information on how to get back to the admin panel, tftp acces, or some other control back?

I ran wireshark, as my router boots up and found it was using TFTP to request 192.168.1.2 for a vmlinuz file.
I installed a tftp server and put the default netgear firmware, renamed to vmlinuz, in the root directory.

Now wireshark seems to confirm that the router downloads the file, but it doesn't seem to do anything. :/

Any ideas on how to get a recovery vmlinuz file, that I can send to the router?
S4rg0n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
srpski wrote:
Hak Foo wrote:

Any information on how to get back to the admin panel, tftp acces, or some other control back?

I ran wireshark, as my router boots up and found it was using TFTP to request 192.168.1.2 for a vmlinuz file.
I installed a tftp server and put the default netgear firmware, renamed to vmlinuz, in the root directory.

Now wireshark seems to confirm that the router downloads the file, but it doesn't seem to do anything. :/

Exactly the same for me... There is a TFTP request but it gets only one block...

Different behavior if i try reflashing the CFE bin file that i found here:

[url] http://go.shr.lc/1HPpucD [/url]

In this case the server uploads the whole bin file. Anyway nothing changes... Is it possible to build a CFE that autostarts the tftp server? in that way we could upload a working firmware without cable...
S4rg0n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
S4rg0n wrote:
srpski wrote:
Hak Foo wrote:

Exactly the same for me... There is a TFTP request but it gets only one block...

Different behavior if i try reflashing the CFE bin file that i found here:

[url] http://go.shr.lc/1HPpucD [/url]

In this case the server uploads the whole bin file. Anyway nothing changes... Is it possible to build a CFE that autostarts the tftp server? in that way we could upload a working firmware without cable...

I finally solved with a RaspberryPI:

http://go.shr.lc/1loNgCo

Waiting for working DD-WRT for the WRN3500V2...

Crying or Very sad
darkmas7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:44    Post subject: KONG build not stable yet Reply with quote
Hi, I loaded the KONG build, first by loading tomato, then dd-wrt.v24-K3_WNR3500Lv2.chk then dd-wrt.v24-K3_WNR3500Lv2.bin and I have the following issues:

1. The radio keeps disconnecting every minute or two from all my devices which include a laptop running linux/windows with an Intel 2200BG card, an android phone and a samsung tablet (802.11n).

2. After running for a while, if I go to the web interface I can access only the main page. Attempts to navigate to any other place give me a page error (connection refused or some such). Although the router is still functioning and I can telnet into it.

3. As mentioned above, site survey not working...

I'll try going back to tomato for now.
polioman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I tried BrainSlayer release and I can confirm that ethernet and wifi are not working at the moment.

Still using Kong's release (not the last one).
polioman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
We found a found an error on Kong's release dated on July 22 (by "We", I mean my colleagues and me).

We are using Kong's release in production, any help will be really appreciated

We have an issue on the boot part. Sometimes WNR3500L v2 crashes, usually with a reset it reboots and work for days, weeks or years.

Via JTAG we saw an error on boot, it's stuck on this message :

Code:
Found a AMD NAND flash with 2048B pages or 128KB blocks; total size 128MB
Decompressing...done

CFE for WNR3500Lv2 version: v1.0.9
Build Date: Fri May 6 11:54:17 CST 2011
Init Arena
Init Devs.
Boot partition size = 262144(0x40000)
NFLASH Boot partition size = 524288(0x80000)
CPU type 0x19749: 480MHz
Tot mem: 131072 KBytes

Committing NVRAM...done

On a WNR3550Lv2 which is booting we have this :
Code:
boardnum 3500L
boardtype 0x052b
boardrev 02
nvram invalid, erase
Booting device: Netgear WNR3500L v2

On a router which doesn't boot :
Code:
boardnum
boardtype 0x052b
boardrev 02
nvram invalid, erase
Booting device: Linksys WRT54G/GL/GS

Is it possible to modify this via a patch on a live system or does this require a new release for a clean fix?

We are waiting for Brainslayer's release for WNR3500L v2 as well to see which one is the most stable.

I remind that we are in production, we really need a clear answer.

Regards,
GreyDoc
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
polioman wrote:
We are waiting for Brainslayer's release for WNR3500L v2 as well to see which one is the most stable.

Have you tried latest BS build? ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2016/01-02-2016-r28647/netgear-wnr3500lv2/
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 10 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: