DD-WRT for Netgear WNR3500L V2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
haav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi
Just bought a Netgaer WNR3500Lv2 and happily surfed in to dd-wrt.com and started to download files..... Sad

Any news when there will be a official release to my router?

BR
haav
Sponsor
njdan5691
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone installed tomato or anything over the
Support Release from myopenrouter.com. If so what and how? I've a tried a few tomato firmwares, and the upgrade fails. I read that you can rename the .trx to .bin when upgrading from dd-wrt to tomato is that correct?
haav
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi

I have sent one piece WNR3500Lv2 to dd-wrt.
So, please help the hard working guys on dd-wrt and donate some money!

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/community/donations

/haav

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all,

Since today I'm also the 'happy' owner of a WNR3500Lv2. Hoping there would be a working DD-WRT version for this router, I unfortunately came to this discussion.

Any news yet for a working DD-WRT version?

Thanks!
Technigogo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 23:08    Post subject: yeah, don't Reply with quote
Don't hold your breath that dd-wrt will support this router. It's been out for over a year and still nothing. I'd recommend buying something else.
68rustang
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
If this router is meant to be so open why isn't anybody messing around with it?
mblank68
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have read through all the posts in this thread. The problem I have is as follows: I already downloaded the dd-wrt.v24-13309_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR3500v2.chk files, I do the 30/30/30, i have already changed the IP on my PC to a 192.168.1.x address. I go to the gui of the router, go to the firmware upgrade section, browse to the file, click upgrade, it says firmware update failed, check file. It does this over and over. I am doing the upgrade through IE. Otherwise the route seems to run perfectly fine. Suggestions?
Burny
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrFidget wrote:
It wont brick. it just wont load.

You can grab a psuedo DD_WRT build from myopenrouter.org, but we are still waiting for an official inclusion.

I'm about to grab a JTAG cable. I have downloaded a couple of favourite releases of the source and am going to give this a go on my own if we cant get anywhere.

Please, someone. We have Cash, Routers Pizza and Beer on offer for anyone who can get this model router into the build tree.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Hello Chris,

I just purchased a WNR3500L V2, and flashed the chk file with succes.
However, now i run into the same problems as everybody else, except for Squyrrel. It just won't accept any bin DD-WRT firmware.

Were you succesfull in creating a build of your own? Do you have a full DD-WRT running on your WNR?

Thanks,

Nico
osyrixx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any news on this "open" router? Tried to flash the clk with no success so far. I`m interested in OpenVPN so Tomato is no DD-WRT alternative Sad
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
osyrixx wrote:
Any news on this "open" router? Tried to flash the clk with no success so far. I`m interested in OpenVPN so Tomato is no DD-WRT alternative Sad

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Netgear
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
mblank68 wrote:
I have read through all the posts in this thread. The problem I have is as follows: I already downloaded the dd-wrt.v24-13309_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR3500v2.chk files, I do the 30/30/30, i have already changed the IP on my PC to a 192.168.1.x address. I go to the gui of the router, go to the firmware upgrade section, browse to the file, click upgrade, it says firmware update failed, check file. It does this over and over. I am doing the upgrade through IE. Otherwise the route seems to run perfectly fine. Suggestions?

You are trying to flash a fw meant for the wnr3500v2 onto a wnr3500lv2. I'd say that's the problem.
osyrixx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks Malachi for the update. So now lets cross our fingers so that work will be done in a few weeks Smile
zilexa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 16:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
What is the status of this project? it still shows Work In Progress but is there any place where I can track status?
jammer579
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I too have this router and would like an official status update for the Netgear WNR3500lV2. What does it take to get a working build?????
ejaf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
It would be nice to have this router supported.

Does "wip" mean it will be available anytime soon? Or should I just try to use the unofficial release from myopenrouter.

I have tried to put the recommended build on with an upgrade failed message as well?

TIA...Eric
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: