DD-WRT for Netgear WNR3500L V2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
osyrixx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
It`s labeled wip since 1year+.
Grab that firmware from myopenrouter. Works as is should.
Poor that dd-wrt can`t / won`t support it Confused
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
osyrixx wrote:

More poor that no one who expects a ddwrt build for it has donated a router for Kong or Brainslayer to work with.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
osyrixx wrote:

We don't have a router and no one send any specific donation for it, at least not to me.

There has been Netgear R7000 support 2 weeks after the router was available in US stores. Why? Because someone send a unit + donation two days after it was available.

What do you expect, that we buy routers from our own money and spent 40h on porting for free. Do we have to pay the first testers so they do some testing?

Without a router a port is bad and users will start complaining.

Just ask Netgear/Linksys/D-Link ... why there is no dd-wrt support for their units.

I know they send out hundreds of routers to reviewers and product testers, but they can't spare a single unit for OSS developers, LOL.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just going to throw this out there to those that might be interested in sending Kong a router:
The Netgear WNR3500L is on sale on frys.com for $39.99 (see http://www.frys.com/product/6069588). According to the description, it's 128/128, so I'd assume it's the v2.

For a project I'm working on, I need port-based VLAN support, and my WZR-600DHP doesn't foot the bill with its Atheros chip. I'm considering either adding a WNR3500Lv2 to the picture, or just replacing this Buffalo with the sexy R7000.

The project involves filtering DHCP packets (both ways) on a particular Ethernet bridge, and the cheapest way I can think to do this is to use port-based VLANs and use iptables to filter.

It seems it would be cheaper for me to buy two WNR3500Lv2's and send one to Kong, versus buying the R7000.

... but the R7000 is so sexy...

EDIT: I ended up purchasing the R7000, sorry guys.
AnaximanderThales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
osyrixx wrote:

We don't have a router and no one send any specific donation for it, at least not to me.

That has been resolved. I gave a hardware specific donation of 60 EUR so y'all may buy this router. I can't wait to see what it how works.

thank you.
genaldar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
AnaximanderThales wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
osyrixx wrote:

That has been resolved. I gave a hardware specific donation of 60 EUR so y'all may buy this router. I can't wait to see what it how works.

thank you.

Mighty good of you. I'm sure they'll have an official port fairly quickly then.
yusf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 14:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
AnaximanderThales wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
osyrixx wrote:

thank you.

That's terriffic! Thank you from another WNR3500Lv2 user. Very Happy
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
AnaximanderThales wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
osyrixx wrote:

thank you.

And hopefully you first contacted BrainSlayer on this to get an ACK, as you most likely donated to dd-wrt paypal account and I don't know if he checks every donation for details.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
And hopefully you first contacted BrainSlayer on this to get an ACK, as you most likely donated to dd-wrt paypal account and I don't know if he checks every donation for details.

What's the right way to throw a donation BrainSlayer's way with WNR3500Lv2 incentives, if I was to do it too?
AnaximanderThales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:

I was looking for ways to make sure that it was thoroughly evident for that purpose, and yet didn't see a way to contact direct people (I'm sure the info is out there, I just didn't see it). I'm %99.99 sure I sent a message via the site/contact form.

I'll send BrainSlayer the information now. Thank you for the information, yes I did send directly to the dd-wrt paypal account.
Sliop
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
AnaximanderThales wrote:

thank you.

Thumbs up! Been waiting for this! Would love to make a small donation as well, what is the right way to do that, dedicated to WNR3500Lv2?
AnaximanderThales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
AnaximanderThales wrote:
I'll send BrainSlayer the information now. Thank you for the information, yes I did send directly to the dd-wrt paypal account.

I'm hoping BrainSlayer has seen my messages, I sent a PM as well as an email, however, I have seen no reply from him on either message.
yusf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I pinged him too. Let's not keep bugging him, I'm sure he'll tend to the issue when time presents itself.
AnaximanderThales
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 13:36    Post subject: Curious ... Reply with quote
As to whether any of the developers have heard from Brainslayer about the monetary donation to purchase the router?
DUPLICATED
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 19:29    Post subject: Donation Ready - Please Confirm Reply with quote
Hello Everyone

I'd like to contribute USD $100 to the cause - if support for the WNR3500L v2 is still possible. Can you please tell me the best way to make a device-specific donation, which from I read, needs to be directed to BrainSlayer?

I'm also willing to donate a router. haav reported back in November 2012 that he donated a router. However, support status for this device is still listed as "donated router needed for porting" (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Netgear). Can you please confirm whether or not you guys still need a router?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: